The BC RCMP 9-1-1 Police Dispatch Centre in Courtenay, BC, is hiring!
Imagine a job where your efforts make a difference every day, where you help people and help save lives. If you are passionate about serving your community and playing a unique and vital role in ensuring safer communities, this just may be the job for you!
9-1-1 Police Dispatchers serve as the critical link between citizens and the emergency help they require. They process emergency and non-emergency calls from the public and their role is to quickly prioritize and accurately process calls for service to ensure police and public safety, resulting in safer communities.
HOW TO APPLY
The first step is to complete the self-evaluation questionnaire on our website at www.BCRCMP911.ca .
The self-evaluation questionnaire, 'Is This Career Right For You?' includes statements that describe an important quality, characteristic or consideration required of a 9-1-1 Police Dispatcher. It will help you determine if your experience matches up with the responsibilities of the job.
- Be a Canadian Citizen or have Permanent Residency Status within Canada
- Possess a Canadian Secondary (high school) diploma or equivalency
- Be proficient in English
- Must be a resident of British Columbia
The Application Process consists of several steps that assess your skills, competencies and suitability for the position.
- Step 1 - Complete the self-evaluation questionnaire, 'Is This Career Right For You?'
- Step 2 - Attend a Career Presentation
- Step 3 - Submit your Application Package
- Step 4 - Pass a skill testing standardized electronic exam
- Step 5 - Attend a Formal Panel Interview
- Step 6 - Participate in a Security Investigation and complete a Medical Assessment
- Step 7 - Meet all the qualifications for the position including Suitability
- Step 8 - Selection and Training
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $51,673.00 to $66,496.00 /year