Reporting to the Program Manager, Special Projects & Initiatives, CPD is responsible for assisting in the development, implementation, and maintenance of the project delivery and management processes, quality assurance, utility coordination and control of design products; and assisting the Senior/Project Managers in coordinating and scheduling the workload of the technical support group.
- Successful completion of a three (3) year Community College Diploma Program in Civil Engineering Technology.
- Must be registered as a Certified Engineering Technologist and be a member in good standing with the Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians/Technologists (OACETT) or be registered in an approved equivalent professional association.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in municipal and highway road design and drafting.
- Thorough knowledge of storm sewer design principles.
- Demonstrated experience working with computer and road design software including AutoCAD, Microsoft Office Suite, Civil Design, MS Project, Web Publishing and File Management.
- Computer literacy utilizing MS Office applications.
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer focus, communication, collaboration and personal ownership.
- All York Region Employees are required to be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine series, approved by Health Canada or the World Health Organization, as a condition of hire. Should you be the successful candidate, you will be required to comply with the Region’s mandatory Vaccination Policy that is in effect.
0830 – 1630
How to Apply
Please apply online by October 20, 2021. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
$47.11 to $51.19 per hour
This is a Replacement
Union position - CUPE Local 905 (York Region Unit)