Responsible for implementing, maintaining, configuring, and providing product support of IBM MQ Messaging systems. Expertise in IBM MQ technical knowledge, software support and technical guidance in support of business-critical systems is required.
- Administration, Maintenance, Deployment, and Integration including installation and configuration of IBM MQ version 7.x & higher
- Security hardening of IBM MQ to include TLS encryption and Authority/Authentication Records
- Expert in defining and modifying MQ configurations such as queues, listener ports, channels, pub/sub, etc.
- Supports MQ queue managers running in a hub & spoke environment (MQ Clients)
- Performs tuning, issue research and resolution, and end user support
- Works with application Development Teams
- Monitors execution and performance of messaging applications. Proposes tuning adjustments (both application and infrastructure) and modifications as appropriate
- Provides level 3 production, testing and development support (taking care of messaging problems through resolution).
- Participates as a subject matter and technical expert in technical reviews of MQ applications
- Participates in on call rotation and/or flexible work schedules
- Experience with MQI, .NET, and JAVA/JMS clients is a plus
- 3-5 years’ experience with IBM MQ Administration on midrange platforms (RHEL & Windows specifically)
- Experience managing system changes within a Change Management construct
- Ability to conduct problem resolution with given management tools
- General knowledge of scripting (Perl, Shell, etc)
- General knowledge of various UNIX, LlNUX and Windows Operating systems
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Permanent
- Unix: 5 years (Preferred)
- Middleware SME: 6 years (Preferred)
- WebSphere: 1 year (Preferred)