Uni-Fab is looking for an Advanced Planning Group (APG) Leader to help develop the department and facilitate the connection between engineering and machining. The APG Leader will directly oversee the development of APG departmental structure and processes using innovative technology to manufacture components more efficiently and reduce overall processing costs. During the beginning stages of this position the APG Leader will report to the Machining Operation Manager.
This position also requires a high degree of knowledge in CAD file assessment and preparation and a strong understanding of machining applications and concepts. The diversity of skill required for this position dictates a requirement for understanding of file processing, file preparation, problem solving, the ability to work alone or in a group and be a self-starter with a “roll up your sleeves” type of attitude.
The ideal candidate has successfully assessed and/or launched a manufacturing assembly project in their career and has experience with advanced manufacturing tools, preferably within a start-up environment involving metal fabrication and intelligent machine hardware.
· Implement the most efficient process flow and layout of the Machining operations to ensure the highest level of quality and process efficiency.
· Optimize the machining and manufacturing footprint of the Uni-Fab operation in coordination with and consideration of engineering, supply chain and operational requirements.
· Lead, coach and mentor the operator and/or technician team(s) supporting the machining and manufacturing operations for the company.
· Ensure that all files are processed and prepared for machining, scheduling, purchasing and in house material cutting.
· Develop specific file actions i.e. inspection, coloring, orienting, creating machining line ups, quoting and scheduling.
· Ensure scheduled parts/ machines are kept to specific schedules.
· Drive a safety culture within the organization.
· Bring leadership, enthusiasm, and structure to the role in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
· Minimum 5 years of experience of CAD file processing, programming and operation of CNC machines.
· Experience within the manufacturing industry dealing with assemblies, machining and fabrication, with understanding of disciplines and procedures at manufacturing facilities.
· Fluent in precision measurement processes, tools and procedures.
· Experience with Lean, Sigma-6, five-S manufacturing processes an asset.
· Blue print reading at intermediate to advanced level with GD&T and welding symbols.
· Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills.
· Outstanding organizational skills, especially within a fast and dynamic manufacturing operation that is constantly progressing and evolving.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (including Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and experience using ERP operations software.
· Experience in a fast-paced environment where there is frequent change and a need to demonstrate and act with a sense of urgency, flexibility and adaptiveness.
· Relevant post-secondary education, training, certification or qualifications are an asset.
Application Deadline: 2020-07-10
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: $32.00 /hour