Reporting to the Food Service Supervisor, the Potwasher as part of the multidisciplinary team will wash dishes and perform other miscellaneous items as required by the Food Service Supervisor. This is a part time position with pension eligibility. The position will work 2 to 3 days per week working days, evenings and evenings every other weekend.
- Soak and wash pots using the 3 sink wash system
- Put away daily deliveries i.e. groceries, paper orders following FIFO method
- Collect garbage and recycle and dispose of in appropriate garbage containers in waste management room.
- Deliver food carts to LTC meal service areas
- Follows cleaning schedule for food service equipment and sanitation guidelines at all times
- Support energy efficiency by ensuring all equipment, unoccupied areas, etc. are powered down appropriately
- Ensure work area meets all health and safety standards
- Adhere to health and safety rules, regulations and policies of Belmont House, the Occupational Health and Safety Act and related regulations set out by the Ministry of Health and Long term Care at all times
- Carry out all other job related duties that contribute to the team approach of resident care as assigned by the Food Service Supervisor and/or Director of Support Services
- Previous experience in dietary or food services, preferably in healthcare and/or restaurant service
- Demonstrated initiative, patience and cooperative nature
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Ability to work independently
Belmont House accommodates the needs of job applicants throughout the recruitment and selection process in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Thank you for your interest. Only those selected will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $18.07 to $19.78 /hour
- potwashing or dietary: 1 year (Preferred)