DEW Engineering and Development is a multi-divisional technology company that designs and manufactures innovative products for global clients. DEW provides a wide range of services and products to our military and commercial customers including: design, test and evaluation; prototyping and development; and manufacturing. DEW offers opportunities for growth, an attractive salary, a comprehensive benefit package and an environment that promotes personal and professional success. We currently have an opening for the following position:
Human Resources Generalist - Temporary
The Human Resources Generalist reports directly to the Human Resources & Administration Manager. The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for Human Resources support, all Production staffing and Payroll back up.
Responsibilities & Duties:
(Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following)
- Process documentation relating to HR activities such as staffing, recruitment, training, employee relations, performance evaluations.
- Review job descriptions, create job postings, review and manage resumes, interview job applicants, evaluate applicant skills and make recommendations regarding applicant's qualifications.
- Conduct reference checks.
- Manage or assist in the preparation and delivery of employment offers.
- Create new employee files and assist with completing all data entry for HR Employee Files.
- Arrange for in-house and external training activities as required.
- Maintain Employment Equity Database.
- Research, compile and prepare reports and documents relating to department or non-departmental projects.
- Maintain and update the company’s organizational chart.
- Conduct new employee on-boarding and new hire orientations.
- Maintain human resources data bases and filing systems.
- Assist in coordinating company and social committee events as required.
- Ensure that all three month evaluations for production employees are completed.
- Responsible for managing appointments for the medical surveillance program.
- Assist during the audit and review of all HR records as required.
- Prepare background information for monthly vacation and WSIB reports.
- Prepare daily, weekly or monthly reports as required.
- Schedule and conduct exit interviews, provide reports consolidating findings.
- Manage or assist with special projects and corporate initiatives as required.
- Assist in the preparation, collection, imputing and filing of security (PWGSC & Controlled Goods) documentation.
- Perform back up reception duties as required.
- Payroll back up when required.
- Travel if required.
- Adhere to all environmental, health and safety regulations and follow the environmental and quality management systems.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2 - 5 years experience working in the Human Resources field.
- Experience in the manufacturing Industry would be considered an asset.
- Experience in administration and customer service.
- Experience using an HRIS system.
Education/ Professional Certification:
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in Human Resources or related discipline.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Sound handling of confidential information with integrity and professionalism.
- Able to multitask.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Comfortable dealing with clients and employees.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Able to work in a team or independently with minimal supervision.
- Hard working and highly motivated.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Dependable, with a demonstrated strong work ethic.
If your background is a match and you are interested in pursuing this challenging opportunity, please forward your resume in confidence with “Temporary HR Generalist” in the subject line.
While we thank all those who apply, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
DEW is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
DEW strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, DEW will endeavor to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary