Part-time Days (7 AM - 3 PM, 37.5 hrs bi-weekly)
Temporary Full-time Days (7 AM - 3 PM, 67.5 hrs bi-weekly)
Full-time Nights (12 AM - 8 PM, 75 hrs bi-weekly)
Seasons Retirement Communities, Amherstburg
The Company. Seasons Retirement Communities is a growing senior housing company that believes Happy Team Members = Happy Residents. We want our team members to have work-life balance, feel supported on the job and love what they do. We expect a lot from our team members because we believe our residents deserve the very best. If you are prepared to go above and beyond to make a difference, Seasons is the workplace for you.
We hire individuals who are enthusiastic about working with seniors. At Seasons, our team members make a difference in our residents' lives through meaningful connections and creating 'Wow Moments' that matter. We support, encourage and celebrate these efforts because they have a positive impact on residents and team members alike. Simply put, it feels great to make a positive difference in the life of a senior.
The Position. We’re looking for a Resident & Guest Attendant – Memory Care. Reporting to the Memory Care Manager, the RGA - Memory Care is responsible for delivering all aspects of personal care and non-care related services and activities to residents with Alzheimer’s and related dementia who reside in the Memory Care Area. Delivery of services encompasses assistance with the developing and coordinating of fun and meaningful events, activities and services that encourage an active lifestyle, promotes the Seasons Embrace Today memory care philosophy and ensures the achievement of essential activities of daily living among the residents with Alzheimer’s and related dementia who reside in the Memory Care Area. All services are to be delivered in accordance with the policies and procedures of Seasons Retirement Communities.
Qualifications or Skills Required:
- We offer complete training to right fit candidates
- Group discounts on home and auto insurance
- Corporate discounts for Goodlife Fitness memberships
- Must be able to read and communicate effectively
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions
- Experience in an environment in the healthcare or in the hospitality industry and working knowledge of activation programs and mobility restrictions with an emphasis on Alzheimer’s and Dementia specialization
- Empathy for and understanding of the needs of the elderly and/or disabled with a special focus on individuals with Alzheimer’s and Dementia
- Volunteer management experience an asset
- Ability to relate to all levels of staff, the residents and their families, and other professionals with a high degree of patience and tolerance
- Ability to plan, organize, and direct the delivery of diverse social services, special events and volunteer programs
- Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy in dealing with residents, service team members and guests
- Relative equivalent professional experience with an emphasis on Alzheimer’s and Dementia specialization or Recreation and/or equivalent certificate
- Must complete all in-house mandatory training, as prescribed by Seasons, upon hire and annually thereafter
- Provides services and interacts with residents and resident family members in a professional manner
- Observes and adheres to all policies and procedures, work standards and safety regulations
- Projects the appropriate image and focus on customer service in their dealings with residents, families and guests
- Is aware of employee’s and supervisor’s responsibilities and follows all health and safety policies and procedures
- Implement and assist with the development of programs and services that meet identified psychosocial, physical, intellectual and spiritual needs of all residents in partnership with the Memory Care Manager
- Assist with the development and preparation of communication tools (notices, calendars, etc.) designed to provide information regarding current and future activities and special events
- Inform Management of residents’ concerns and issues in a timely and effective manner
- Assist and attend to the care needs of the residents
- Assist with administration of medication to residents
- Assist with dressing/undressing of residents as required
- Assist residents with bathing (tub, shower or bed bath)
- Attend to residents needs such as oral care, nail care, back and skin care, shave and hair shampoo, as required
- Assist residents with toileting as required
- All other duties as assigned or consistent with work routines and job descriptions
The Location Seasons Amherstburg is based in Amherstburg, Ontario.
About Amherstburg Seasons Amherstburg is located mere steps from the Amherstburg Family Health Team medical centre, and is a short drive to shopping, restaurants, local transit, and town amenities.
Why Should You Apply?
- Competitive wages
- Employee rewards and referral programs
- Growth and advancement opportunities
- Opportunities for on-the-job training
In addition, the successful candidate will be required to project the appropriate image and focus on customer services in their dealings with residents, families and guests.
Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills are essential, as is excellence in achieving continuous quality improvements. Related experience within the seniors housing industry is an asset.
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. As a condition of employment, a Criminal Record Search which may include a vulnerable sector screen, will be required.
Seasons Retirement Communities (“Seasons“) is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. In accordance with Season’s Accessibility Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of Season’s hiring process.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.