- The design, programming and commissioning of custom control systems for industrial applications.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Design of customized industrial control system hardware and software to meet customer requirements, including:
- Interpretation of customer requirements, sequences of operation, project related drawings and specifications
- control system software design and programming, for PLC’s, HMI’s, MCC’s, VFD’s, Historian’s
- preparation of written project documentation and commissioning test plans
- Factory verification of fabricated control panels to ensure adherence to design
- Commissioning and Site Acceptance Testing of control systems to verify site operation and acceptance
- Preparation of training materials and delivery of customer training on control systems
- On-site and remote service of existing installed automation systems to assist customers with problems and suggest maintenance/upgrades
Term of Employment:
- Full time (40 hours per week), permanent.
- Paid overtime, if needed, to meet customer service calls or project schedule requirements
- Salary range – dependent upon experience
- Comprehensive company benefit plan
- Post secondary electrical or automation related training.
- Registered as a P. Eng. or C.E.T.
- At least 3 years work experience in the programming of industrial control systems, particularly Rockwell, Siemens and Schneider based PLC/HMI/SCADA systems
- Hands-on experience with measurement and control devices, including flow meters, variable frequency drives, motor starters, automatic valves and analytical transmitters.
- Communication experience with one of the following: DeviceNet, Ethernet/IP, Modbus TCP, Profibus, Fiber optic networks or others.
- Strong software computer skills including MS Office and SQL
- Able to adapt to various situations quickly including daily project deadlines and service work.
- Availability to travel approximately 25% of the time, with a valid driver’s license
- Experience in the Water/Waste Water, Manufacturing, Forestry, Mining, Food and Beverage industries is an asset.
Job Type: Full-time
- industrial control systems programming: 3 years (Preferred)
- Saskatoon, SK (Preferred)
- Drivers Licence (Preferred)