Joining BBA means becoming a member of a tightly knit, highly engaged, client-oriented team. With offices across Canada, we work hard to develop leading-edge expertise and to design reliable, sustainable and innovative solutions every day.
While working in a stimulating and friendly environment, you’ll be given mandates that will encourage you to excel, both at the office and on site. As a result, you’ll acquire a deep understanding of industrial operational realities and be able to advance your career at top speed. You’ll also have opportunities to work closely with colleagues from Vancouver, Toronto, Montréal, Mont-Saint-Hilaire and Labrador City. Your achievements and efforts to help clients in remote areas with their success will be recognized and rewarded.
BBA offers all of this… and much more! By setting down roots in Labrador City, you’ll enjoy a rich social and community life and have access to a host of outdoor activities, like snowmobiling, camping, fishing and water sports.
To find out more about BBA, follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our talent acquisition specialists: http://www.linkedin.com/company/bba_2.
We’re waiting for you!
Job Description :
The Mont-Saint-Hilaire office will be your home office; however, you will be assigned to the Labrador City office for at least two years. Here are a few conditions you will be offered:
- Return trips during assignment
- Premium for working in a remote location
By joining our team in Labrador City, you will be asked to contribute to the various stages of project execution, from proposals to site supervision and the commissioning of electrical facilities, including participating in analyses of industrial electrical systems, detailed engineering and site surveys. Among other tasks, you will be expected to apply established calculation and design methods when preparing plans, lists of materials, lists of cables, technical specifications and estimates. You will also be expected to lead a team of engineers and technicians, ensure the quality of professional service and maintain positive client relations in the region.
Under the supervision of a senior engineer, you will be asked to:
Work Schedule :
- Assist in construction site inspections and audits.
- Help prepare drawings, design specifications and reports.
- Design steel and concrete structures.
- Carry out other technical duties to support project delivery.
- Participate in preparing estimates, quantity take-offs, schedules, budgets, specifications and reports.
- Where necessary, help supervise and commission engineering solutions.
- Help carry out quality control of drafting.
- Assess client satisfaction and maintain close, harmonious relations with clients or their representatives.
- Coordinate the field work of contractors and supervise construction.
- Applies the firm’s health and safety policy and takes the necessary preventive or corrective measures to perform the work safely; becomes familiar with the firm’s prevention program; and applies specific job directives.
- Focused on service excellence
- Strong ability to plan and organize
- Demonstrated leadership
- Business acumen and entrepreneurship
- Respect for the firm's ethics and values
- Skilled at managing relationships with colleagues and clients
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills
- Rigour and attention to detail
- Ability to inspire respect and trust from others
- Ability to create an environment conducive to team work
- Creative and innovative in finding solutions
- Demonstrates commitment to health and safety
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent
- Member of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec (OIQ)
- Experience designing steel and concrete industrial buildings and structures
- Ability to read drawings
- Intermediate knowledge of work safety (CNESST) and site review
- Intermediate knowledge of quality system processes and instructions
- In-depth understanding of the OIQ and PEGNL codes of ethics
- Knowledge of project management, technical writing and troubleshooting
- Hold the ASP Construction card (BBA can offer this training)
- Bilingual (English and French)
- Asset: Proficient in civil engineering
- Asset: Relevant experience in monitoring or supervising site work
BBA is committed to promoting diversity and employment equity. We thank you for your interest in our firm. Please note that only those candidates selected will be contacted.