Mat leave coverage beginning December 2018/January 2019 (32.5 hours a week minimum)
This position has 2 parts to it. Please read carefully
The first is supported care for a 4 year old child who is quite independent however, at times can need some guidance and help with fine and gross motor skills/development. This position also requires you to discuss and review with the child’s physiotherapist, speech and occupational therapist the needs and demands for the child along with outlining goals. We have been approved for funding for 15 hours a week (8:30am-1:30pm)
The second portion of the position would be working in the afternoon with the 3-5 program (8 children) Monday-Wednesday and Thursday & Friday 12:30pm-5:30pm. The total number of hours worked per week total 32.5 hours for this posting.
- Basic ECE
-Valid First Aid
-1 yr or 5 yr License to Practice
-Candidate should have a passion for child care & enjoy working with children 12 months to 5 years of age.
-Flexibility in working hours
Must have either 1 yr or 5 yr License to Practice
Experience working in a team environment
Experience working with children
1. Ensure the safety & supervision of the children.
2. Set-up & implement developmentally age appropriate activities
3. Keep the environment clean & organized
4. Attend monthly staff meetings & workshops geared to the ECE field.
5. Greet & update parents
6. Work independently & as a team
7. Assist colleagues in maintaining a healthy, positive and safe care environment.
8. Guide children in a caring & supportive manner
9. Follow the centre's policy & procedures
10. Assist colleagues in opening &/or closing the centre.
11. Assist children with outdoor play, nap, snack & lunch.
12. Working with preschool aged child as supported care
13. Updating parents on a daily and weekly progress of the child
14 Sharing activities, skills learned with family on a daily & weekly basis
15. Communicating with support workers and ensuring along with understanding the goals, needs and demands of the child.
16. Documenting activities, skills and progress of the child.
Salary & Benefits
$15-$18/hour depending on experience & qualifications (plus Wage Enhancement if approved starting in January 2019)
1. 2 weeks paid vacation per calendar year
2. 5 sick days per calendar year
3. 2 LOA days per calendar year
4. Extended Health benefits (medical/dental/vision) after 3 months probation is completed
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: $23,000.00 to $28,000.00 /year