We are seeking a Senior Law Clerk with at least 5 years of experience in Litigation and Construction Lien Law.The ideal candidate is a person who is ready to work hard to help develop and expand the firm's litigation practice and a desire to work litigation matters across Canada.
- Working with and reporting to senior counsel on all files.
- Supervise junior clerk for administrative and general office duties
- Preparation, revising and drafting of legal documents (from lawyer instructions/precedents) and correspondence
- Organize and expedite flow of work
- Responsible for follow up with lawyers/articling students concerning work activities
- Set up and maintain filing systems, utilizing knowledge of legal records and procedures and electronically file documents in system
- Enter dockets daily, prepare time summaries and other reports as required
- Receptionist/administrative duties as required
- Bilingualism (French/English) would be a strong asset.
- Law Clerk or Paralegal diploma; university degree an asset
- Minimum 5+ years Litigation and Construction Lien
- Superior writing skills and strong ability to adapt communication style, as necessary, when communicating with clients and other team members.
- Solid understanding of current legal terminology and excellent working knowledge of the Rules of Civil Procedure,
- Prepare and file motion and application records, factums, affidavits of documents, etc.
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to manage multiple priorities while paying attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and client service skills, strong initiative and exceptional ability to work in a team-oriented atmosphere
Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with related work experience and qualifications. Potential employees will be required to complete reference checks as part of the pre-employment process. If you excel in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment with dynamic and challenging results-driven work, your possibilities are endless
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Litigation: 5 years (Preferred)
- Construction Lien: 2 years (Required)