7700 Markham Rd, Markham, Ontario, L3S 3K5
Joignez-vous à un magasin qui appartient à des intérêts locaux et est exploité par eux afin d’aider à fournir des services dans le domaine de la santé, de la beauté et de la commodité dans votre collectivité et à placer le client au centre de tout ce que vous faites.
Pourquoi ce role est-il important?
To assist with the technical functions of dispensing prescriptions, assist as appropriate in the delivery of pharmacy services and participate in the maintenance and operations of the Pharmacy as described by the Pharmacy Standards of Practice, and to provide superior, timely, and pleasant service to customers.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greet customer promptly and gather prescription information according to Standard Operating Procedures
- Perform duties in priority according to Role assigned on Role Assignment Schedule
- Refer to the pharmacist all clinical inquiries, for example, those related to medication purpose, use and recommendations (including prescriptions, OTC’s, and restricted sale products); diseases and conditions; professional fees; and other inquiries as required by law or company policy
- Set realistic customer expectations as to wait times and effectively communicate the time to the customer
- Locate and cash out prescriptions and any ancillary items, according to Standard Operating Procedures
- Provide accurate information in response to customer inquiries (e.g. store policies, Loyalty), according to • Standard Operating Procedures. Resolve customer issues according to established standards, ensuring appropriate intervention by the pharmacist
- Draw customer attention to literature or information as required
- Ensure customers requiring counseling (OTC or Rx as defined by operating standards and/or legal policies) are referred to the pharmacist in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Maintain and control the cash register in the dispensary in accordance with cash handling policies and procedures
- Managing customer inquiries both in person and over the phone
- Adhere to all confidentiality and privacy requirements
- Receive new and repeat prescription orders in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures
- Prepare and submit orders (e.g. medications, OTC's, special orders) with the exception of controlled drugs and narcotics
- Adjudicate third party billing, online and manage manual Third-Party Accounts, collecting outstanding monies from customers where necessary
- Answer telephone, ensuring that appropriate telephone etiquette is observed at all times and referring to a pharmacist when necessary
- Manage incoming faxes according to Pharmacy Standards of Practice
- Assist pharmacist in coordinating call backs
- Identify patients who are candidates for pharmacy services where appropriate and provide administrative support to the Pharmacist
- Contact physicians’ offices as needed (e.g. for special authorization requests etc.) and maintain all relevant documentation
- Accurately file completed documentation as per Pharmacy Standards of Practice, in a timely and organized manner
- Generate reports as required
Front Shop Merchandising Duties
- Ordering and maintaining non-prescription merchandise in the dispensary, including stock rotation and the management of expired product
- Assist with opening/closing the lock and leave panels/gates
- Assist in removing and replacing patient education and health-related signage
- Assist in prescription preparation to company's standards and professional services
- Data entry for new prescriptions, and managing refill request processing, adjudicate claim to Third Party payor in accordance with the Pharmacy Standards of Practice; Review and adjust third party adjudication records
- Select medications to fill prescriptions according to Pharmacy Standards of Practice and preferred brand selection
- Efficiently count or measure, package, and label prescriptions, as per Pharmacy Standards of Practice, ensuring all relevant information and documentation is complete
- May be required to mix, reconstitute, or compound prescriptions, as directed and supervised by the pharmacist
- Accept written prescription or refill requests from customers in person or via telephone
- Accurately enter and maintain appropriate data within the applicable Pharmacy systems
- Resolve technical issues by contacting IT Service Desk or Third-Party adjudicators as required
- Ensure prescriptions are prioritized correctly in accordance with workflow
- Gather pertinent communication pieces for inclusion with prescription
- May be required to perform inventory management, under the direction and supervision of the pharmacist
- Maintain proper storage of medications within the pharmacy according to 5S principles
- Ensure stock bottles are put away in accordance with established workflow
- Maintaining perpetual inventory system in Kroll and Health Watch Next Generation/Delta
- Ensure regular replenishment of pharmacy drugs and supplies i.e. BTC and special order
- Unpack and receive pharmacy totes inside pharmacy in a secure environment
- Ensure narcotic inventory is detail received and records updated under the direct supervision of a Pharmacist
- Put away received pharmacy inventory in appropriate location in accordance with established workflow
- Manage customer returns and expired products in accordance with established disposal protocol (e.g. Stericycle One Box)
- Prioritize recalls and immediately isolate product; quarantine until details of the recall are provided
- Ensure stock rotation is completed and expired product is removed from the shelf and returned in accordance with standard operating procedures
- Management of preferred generic product e.g. PGL or DSP
- Perform cycle counts in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures-
- Provide support and assistance to the Pharmacist(s) as required, ultimately with a view to enhancing the Pharmacist/customer relationship
- Maintain professional image (dress code) and conduct at all times
- Promote marketing programs as appropriate and required
- Regularly read and action/implement view communication vehicles (e.g. Communication Binder, Communication Board)
- Ensure proficiency with Pharmacy Systems
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures and Pharmacist direction, and adhere to all legal requirements, including provincial and federal regulations and bi-laws
- Comply with all established loss prevention policies and procedures
- Maintaining cleanliness of work space according to 5s principles
Skills & Qualifications
- High School Diploma
- Diploma from a Pharmacy Assistant credited course preferred
- Previous Pharmacy Experience preferred
- Retail Experience an Asset
- Exceptional customer service skills with a talent for building customer loyalty
- Effective communication skills
- MS Office
- Effective organizational skills, ability to multi task
- Problem Solving Skills
- Strong attention to detail
The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions and duties as required for proper evaluation of the job and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
Pourquoi travailler dans une pharmacie Shoppers Drug Mart?
Il y a un pharmacien-propriétaire affilié dans chaque pharmacie. Vous travaillerez donc avec un propriétaire d’entreprise locale tout en bénéficiant du soutien d’une marque nationale. Vous bénéficierez du Programme d’achat des employés, d’horaires souples et variés, d’une rémunération concurrentielle et de possibilités d’apprentissage en ligne par l’intermédiaire de Académie.
Prenez en main votre travail et trouvez d’autres façons de vous occuper de vos patients, de vos collègues, des clients et des membres de la collectivité.
Les pharmaciens-propriétaires du réseau Shoppers Drug Mart considèrent la diversité canadienne comme une occasion de mieux servir leur communauté, et s’efforcent de refléter cette diversité culturelle dans les produits qu’ils vendent, les gens qu’ils embauchent et la culture de leur entreprise. Des accommodements sont possibles à la demande des candidats et des employés handicapés au besoin.
En outre, nous croyons que la conformité aux lois consiste à faire ce qu'il faut. Le respect de la loi fait partie de notre Code de conduite; il renforce ce que nos clients et nos parties prenantes attendent de nous.