PERMIT ISSUER needed for on site at LCP.
General Duties and Responsibilities shall include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist the LCP PTW/PH Area Authority in carrying out his/her duties;
- Review Permits to Work with the Permit Receiver;
- Review Permit applications for completeness and accuracy;
- Confirm that Permits include all required supporting documents;
- Issue Work Permits to the Contractor;
- Provide assessments of approved Permits to confirm that Permit Receivers are operating within their permitted area and work scope;
- Review Validation and Transfer Certificates for compliance with PTW Procedures;
- Consult with LCP Isolation Authority and LCP PTW/PH Area Authority as required to resolve technical issues that may arise;
- Perform Permit Office data entry requirements;
- Provide a communications link between the Permit Office and Contractor field personnel.
- Maintain records of permits.
General Education and Experience Requirements:
- Appropriate mechanical, electrical trade certification, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 5 to 7 years' experience in related field
- Experience working in energized installations.
- Familiarization with Permit-to-Work systems for energized installations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, and in maintaining systems and databases utilized for tracking purposes
- Knowledge of Health and Safety Regulatory Requirements, Construction Industry Best Practices, CSA-2462 workplace electrical safety and Industry standard best practices for commissioning, maintenance and operation of Powerhouse, Spillway, Intake and Tailrace related equipment considered an asset.
- Must be able to work a site based rotational work schedule
Qualified candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada. I thank all applicants for responding, however only those that qualify will be contacted.
Interested applicants send in your MSWord resume
Contract length: 5 months
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- permit issuing : 5 years (Preferred)
- Hydro Energy site: 3 years (Preferred)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Preferred)