1. Organize, supervise and manage all production and packaging lines for the applicable shift operation safely, efficiently and effectively in accordance with plant policies and procedures. This includes the managing of people, equipment and materials with the aim of meeting production requirements, financial goals and other key performance indicators. Responsible for the safety of the employees and the food safety of our products.
2. Making Continuous Improvement Projects a part of our culture in conjunction with the management team and with all colleagues. Identify, research and execute and audit valid Continuous Improvement ideas/ projects and complete on time and target.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (Principle Responsibilities: Other duties may be assigned).
Production Supervisor responsibilities:
- Supervises and manages people, equipment and processes to complete the daily production schedule, meeting established key performance indicators in a safe and food-safe manner.
- Being able to do supervisory duties on all 3 shifts and weekends, as required and able to work all shifts to back up fellow supervisors.
- Keeps employees safe: monitor production area for unsafe practices and conditions; ensure compliance with safety rules and regulations and contribute to a safe work culture
- Coordinates production startup, shutdown and changeovers and adjusts schedule accordingly
- Discusses any production, staff issues during handover to the next supervisor on shift.
- Works with Production Supervisors/ Production Scheduler/ Planner to complete weekly production schedule, creates and posts weekly and daily labour schedules (working with EZ Labour Manager system)
- Learns and understands plant production processes and applies knowledge to efficiently guide and move staff and ingredients and materials in the right positions
- Understands and follows up on production speeds, labour assignment, process and material yields and checks documentation and critical control points and other touchpoints to ensure a successful production run.
- Analyses daily production records, applies problem solving skills to address, minimize or otherwise deal with production issues and challenges.
- Fully understands and follows all company policy safety and food safety procedures and HR procedures and other applicable processes; ensures swabbing is completed as required.
- Responsible for food safety and quality and compliance of staff with Food safety requirements, protocols, standards, procedures and documentation
- Enforces and reports on compliance of said procedures on the production floor and deals with outcome of such observations and follows up with corrective actions.
- Motivates and coaches production line employees, promotes high morale within the team
- Deals with employee issues where applicable, ensuring advice is sought from Production Manager, other Managers and HR department.
- Identifies training needs and arranges for training, insures training records are documented and signed off
- Attends daily operations meeting and communicate all problems encountered on the shift to Plant Manager and Operations Team members
- Communicates (lead by example) company’s mission, vision and values
- Ensures all incidents/near misses are reported and documented/investigation carried out and monitors floor for unsafe practices and conditions
- Coordinates activities involved with warehousing, shipping/receiving and inventory control in a safe and efficient manner. Works with warehouse operation in accordance with plant policies and procedures.
- All employees are responsible for food and safety quality; all employees are responsible to report food safety and quality problems to personnel with authority to initiate action.
Continuous Improvement Responsibilities:
- Working with the Production Management, create and monitor departmental performance indicators;
- Review processes and methods in the different departments (production, maintenance, quality control, etc.) with the aim of identifying opportunities for on-floor improvement;
- Manage or facilitate continuous improvement projects (Lean Six Sigma, Kaizen, GI); Assist in prioritizing actions to be taken and integrate best practices into daily operations
- Investigate ideas, research root causes, provide solutions, test options, implement changes and communicate in conjunction with the management teams. Provide training and coaching to relevant staff and management;
- Participate in developing and conducting internal audits to evaluate compliance with procedures and methods;
- Review, improve, and maintain SSOPs and Written Instructions.
- Production efficiencies are reviewed and discrepancies are investigated, leading to root cause analysis and resolution in conjunction with the management team.
- Contributing to a Continuous Improvement Culture through focus on waste reduction, yield improvement and on time delivery and quality, using tools as time studies, yield analysis, process reviews, Cost of Quality analysis, on-time delivery analysis, schedule adherence.
- Complete assigned work as required.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company Pension
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- On-site Parking
- RRSP Match
- production supervisor: 2 years (Required)