J.J. MacKay Canada Limited (MacKay Meters), an industry leader in the design, development and manufacturing of innovative industrial grade parking solutions and equipment, is currently seeking Integration Specialists to join a dedicated team of technical professionals in our New Glasgow, NS and Halifax, NS locations.
- Develop and maintain services used in application integrations.
- Design integration solutions and document the design in accordance with best practices.
- Work with development teams to architect, design, build, and implement application integrations.
- Develop and maintain data integration components such as SQL queries, stored procedures, data extraction and cleansing, and integration with system front end components.
- Support development on resolving system defects, acting as liaison, and developing solutions.
- Provide technical assistance to troubleshoot and resolve integration errors.
- Sound knowledge of event driven systems, schema, mapping, and exception handling.
- Strong experience with database engineering using PostgresSQL development.
- Knowledge of various architectures and protocols such as: REST, XML, FTP, WSDL, and SOAP.
- Experience with secure transmissions.
- PHP Experience.
- Linux command line, BASH, and writing shell scripts.
- Subversion or GIT source code management tools.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, related field, or equivalent experience required.
- Demonstrated strong analytical/problem solving skills and ability to follow procedures and resolve exceptions.
- Demonstrated ability to design and document software solutions.
- Demonstrated experience writing Web Services using JSON, RESTFUL, or SOAP, as well as experience writing fault-tolerant code.
- Project management experience.
- Excellent written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills with strong sense of customer service.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities, and work in a team.
- Solution oriented with a high sense of quality, attention to detail, accuracy, efficiency, and meeting tight deadlines.
- Team player who is also able to work independently and handle conflicting priorities while maintaining consistent, quality performance standards.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks within tight deadlines and prioritize effectively, while delivering high quality work.
- Relevant work experience of 1 to 5 years.
Criminal Records Check:
- The successful candidate must provide a satisfactory criminal records check.
- The salary for this position varies upon qualifications and relevant knowledge.
- We offer group insurance benefits and company RRSP.
The successful candidate will be a team player and someone who is innovative and adaptive to change. These are permanent, full-time positions.
How to Apply
Please send your cover letter, résumé, indicating project experiences and role in each to hr.mgr AT mackaymeters.com. Please no telephone inquiries.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
About J.J. MacKay Canada Limited:
J.J. MacKay Canada Limited is a Nova Scotia based company and an industry leader in the manufacture and supply of innovative parking equipment and parking solutions. We have been providing our parking products, services and solutions to Canadian, US, and International clients for over 50 years. The parking IT solutions we provide include traditional client/server applications with associated databases installed at our client sites as well as products that require customized software development, mobile applications, web based (remote) applications and client data hosting.
Our web site is https://mackaymeters.com
Job Type: Full-time