You might not know our name, but you know where we are. That’s because Compass Group Canada is part of a global foodservice and support services company that’s the 6th largest employer in the world, with 625,000 employees.
You’ll find us in schools, colleges, hospitals, office buildings, senior living communities, tourist attractions, sports venues, remote camps and military installations and more. We’re in all major cities, at remote work sites and everywhere in between – doing business in Canada and 50+ other countries where you can learn and grow. Join us now and point your career forward!
Why work with Eurest Services? Imagine working in a place where talented people come together and share an unrelenting passion. Whether we’re providing solutions for a single site or serving a multi-facility organization, we take pride in every aspect of our work. No job is too big. No detail is too small. We’re more than an industry-leading provider, we’re an industry-leading team. Join us.
Now, if you were to come on board as our Facilities Manager, we’d ask you to do the following for us:
- Supervise and coordinate maintenance service and repairs pertaining to buildings and related equipment, and grounds maintenance including snow removal.
- Implement all maintenance and general procurement of sub-contractor services, schedules and installations, and oversee that such repairs are accomplished in a safe and timely manner.
- Manage budgetary needs, monitor expenditures and take corrective action when needed.
- Supervise subordinate personnel including hiring, payroll, determining workload and delegating assignments, scheduling, training, monitoring and evaluating performance, and initiating corrective or disciplinary action.
- Provide technical guidance to subordinate supervisors, skilled and semi-skilled workers.
- Develop, evaluate, and review plans and criteria for a variety of projects and activities; assess feasibility of proposals.
- Troubleshoot HVAC system issues.
- Manage or oversee and prioritize project work.
- Develop a solid communication link with staff and customers.
Think you have what it takes to be our Facilities Manager? We’re committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here’s how we’ll know you’ll be successful in the role. You have:
- HVAC technician experience
- Business diploma or equivalent experience
- Supervised the operation of a commercial or institutional facility
- Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Proficiency with common software including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- At least 5-7 years of experience with the following:
- Specific knowledge-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job including indoor air monitoring equipment and interpret resulting data; standards for design and construction; HVAC systems as well as air conditioning and heating codes; hazards and safety precautions; and refrigerant handling and disposal.
- Experience with procurement and/or administration of contracts or similar agreements, as well as with bids, quotes and award procedures
- Understanding of various Federal, Provincial and local codes and regulations involving construction, installation, fire, safety and sanitation
Compass Group Canada is committed to nurturing a diverse workforce representative of the communities within which we operate. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
For accommodation requests during the hiring process, please contact PeopleHub@compass-canada.com for further information.