Who we are:
Superior Glove® is one of North America's leading manufacturers and suppliers of work gloves, located in Acton Ontario. A respected source for thousands of customers, Superior Glove® has been in the business since 1910. With four manufacturing facilities, we can serve customers globally. Specializing in cut-resistant gloves, we are also licensed manufacturers of Kevlar® and Dyneema® products and other high-quality work gloves for every industry.
Who we are looking for:
If you are looking for an opportunity to contribute new ideas and be part of a multi-functional dynamic marketing team, this may be the role for you! This one-year contract is ideal for someone who wants to learn and grow through exposure to new experiences and coaching in digital storytelling as well as internal corporate communications. This position emphasizes social media management as well as support for content marketing, general PR, and internal corporate communications.
Superior Glove Works Ltd. is currently seeking a Digital Communications Assistant to work in its Acton, ON location. This is a 12-month contract position.
Reporting to the Marketing Manager, the Digital Communications Assistant will help implement external communications through social media management and by providing support for cross-channel content marketing. The Digital Communications Assistant will also assist with internal marketing communications, developing content for distribution among employees and helping deliver this content through platforms such as the company’s intranet.
· Develop and manage social media content for LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Glassdoor, and other platforms as needed. Includes research, writing, posting, and monitoring social content.
· Support end-to-end delivery of Marketing’s internal communications initiatives to deliver timely, targeted, creative, and effective communications
· Assist with development of cross-channel content (catalogues, website, eBooks, blog posts, articles, infographics etc.) for distinct audiences across multiple industries
· Help develop editorial calendars for social media and cross-channel content
· Act as the first point of contact on social media to address comments, mentions and reviews in a timely manner
· Assist with development of internal communications strategy, in conjunction with various stakeholders across the organization
· Support development and delivery of presentations at organizational events
· Ensure internal communications messages are consistent with external communications
· Prepare monthly performance reports for social media and, as needed, for other internal and external communications projects
· Assist with market research and competitive intelligence
· Serve as communications representative on various working committees
· Post-secondary degree or certificate in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications or Journalism
· Experience managing social media accounts
· Superior communication skills and able to communicate with all levels of the organization including the executive team
· An excellent writer, able to adopt appropriate tone and voice preferences into each piece. Open to feedback and edits.
· Comfortable fully owning their projects and consistently seeing them through to successful completion with manager support
· Superior organization, planning, and time management skills
· Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
· Advanced proficiency in MS Power Point is required
· Experience with blogging, Wordpress, or on-page SEO a plus but not required
Why work for us?
· An opportunity to contribute new ideas; we welcome fresh perspectives!
· Become a part of an innovative, family oriented and fast-growing organization
· Named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies 7th consecutive year in a row!
· Winner of Halton Hills 2017 Environmental Excellence Award
· Health, Dental and Extended Benefits
· Group RRSP Plan, Employee Assistance and Education Assistance Programs
· Join our online company Recognition Program, gain access to fantastic rewards
· Enjoy Fresh fruit Mondays, Snack Box and subsidized coffee program,
· Access to our on-site fitness equipment, “Grab and Go” bikes, game room, and more
· As part of the “family” you can join in on our community involvement, staff lunch adventures, annual barbeques and much more!
We are a family owned and operated company meeting international standards by
“Improving Occupational Hand Protection through Innovation”.
Please send your resume and cover letter with “Digital Communications Assistant” in the subject line. Please apply by midnight on June 12, 2020.
Superior Glove strives to create a respectful, accessible, and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, the company will endeavour to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate candidates with disabilities.
Job Types: Full-time, Internship, Contract
Salary: $17.00 /hour