Canada West Veterinary Specialistsis a full service veterinary hospital providing specialist veterinary care in Vancouver, B.C. since 1997. Our hospital is a multi-disciplinary specialty hospital combined with a dedicated 24 hour hospital facility that is supervised by Critical Care Specialists. We accept referrals from family veterinarians based throughout coastal North America. We have several departments and veterinary specialists amounting to a team of just over 110 staff members. Our hospital is easily accessible by Metro Vancouver’s public transit service (bus and/or train) as well as having ample street parking.
Canada West Veterinary Specialists consists of a group of dedicated and diverse individuals (Specialists, Emergency Veterinarian, Technicians, Assistants and Receptionists) working together to provide optimal patient care and client satisfaction. We take a team approach to case management with specialists and staff collaborating together to provide the highest level of patient health care and client service.
Our Facilities/Operations coordinator is responsible for providing top notch customer services with respect to maintenance and operations of the building.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Handle in-bound services requests via email/telephone to ensure facilities support is met in a timely and efficient manner.
- The candidate will be proactive and will ensure that the building systems and grounds are properly maintained, safe, repaired and up to code.
- Daily walk around exterior grounds for general tidy including garbage pickup and plant watering.
- Schedule all building, equipment and property repairs and maintenance visits.
- Keep accurate maintenance records including, HVAC, utilities plumbing and electrical.
- Analyze and recommend the purchase of furniture, equipment (excluding IT) and supplies, required for buildings and grounds.
- Track service contracts and warranties and ensure that equipment is serviced on a timely basis
- Coordinate the disposal of old furniture, equipment, electronics and supplies
- Effective management of building security, maintenance, ventilation, heating, cooling and other daily activities.
- Assist with general repairs, painting and the physical move of items with general DIY skills
- Participate on the Health & Safety committee.
- Occasional requirement for after-hours and weekend support
- Provide other assistance to the General Manager as requested.
Qualifications and Skills
- Superior organization, problem solving and customer service skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organization, active listening, and multitasking skills.
- A great team player who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient with common computer applications particularly MS Word, Excel, Outlook
- Willing to work both indoors and outdoors
- Must have own vehicle and willing to utilize for occasional off-site tasks (asset)
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum 3 years similar experience working in Facilities or Building Operations.
- Degree or diploma in Maintenance or Facilities Management (an asset)
- Physical ability to lift up to 75lbs.
- We have a profit sharing program to recognize our staff’s contributions for our success.
- We believe in your well-being and provide a company sponsored Employee Assistance Program (EAP) enabling access to caring professionals that can help access support related to fitness, physical health and mental well-being programs.
- We provide employer paid Pet insurance to our employees.
- We provide an annual Health and Wellness allowance.
- We believe in recognizing our staff with an anniversary recognition program.
- We offer extended health benefits, paid sick days and a uniform allowance
- We grow together with our monthly in-house CEs.
- Two working weeks vacation
- We have fun together with our hospital sponsored social events like; having Food Trucks visit us onsite, Halloween pumpkin carving contests, Annual Christmas Party, Pub Nights, etc.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Class 5 Driver's License (Required)