St. Joseph Communications really comes down to one thing: 1,000 awesome associates focused on providing solutions for our clients.
We offer "Beyond Content" solutions such as integrated tactical marketing & content at SJC Content, printing & logistics at SJC Print's various locations, and such media brands as Toronto Life, FASHION, Maclean's, Flare, Today's Parent, Chatelaine, and HELLO! Canada along with Strategic Content Labs at SJC Media.
SJC has been named as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for 16 consecutive years with distinction as a Platinum member
Are you ready to join a forward thinking, innovative, and solution-focused team? Then come join us at SJC in the role of Finish/Set Carpenter!
Want to know a bit about your new career? In this role you will
- Responsible for in house renovations, cabinet making, and maintenance
- Construct sets and props for photo and video
- Painting and spray finishing
- Custom cabinet and furniture making
- Cooperate with Manager concerning departmental and staffing needs
And a bit about yourself?
- Possess good verbal communication skills
- Possess good people skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Superior time management, organizational and planning skills
- Be detail-oriented, self-motivated, flexible and able to work independently with little supervision
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing priorities
- Deadline oriented
Health and Safety
- Work in compliance with the provisions and requirements of SJC’s health and safety policies and procedures.
- Report to the Joint Health and Safety Committee and./or your supervisor any contravention of health and safety regulations and/or workplace hazards.
Must be able to
- Must be able to lift heavy objects
- Must be proficient with typical woodworking tools
- Must be familiar with paint and spray finishing materials and techniques
- Clean and organize
- Valid Driver’s License
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a related field
- A diploma or Certificate would be an asset
So what’s in it for you?
- Group Benefits
- 50% discount to GoodLife Fitness
- Perkopolis Perk Program
- Magazine Subscription Program
- Employee pricing at major brands and retail
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Scholarship Program
- Chairman’s Award Program
- TD Home and Auto preferred Insurance program
- Understand our customers’ evolving needs.
- Take the initiative and never stop learning.
- Build an open, team environment.
- Embrace growth and change for our business.
- Contribute to our communities.
- Replenish the environment.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 to $49,524.00 /year
- Construction: 5 years (Preferred)
- Carpentry: 5 years (Preferred)
- Finish Carpentry: 5 years (Preferred)