Why join us?
Are you looking to join an innovative, global real estate company who builds communities and connects people to exceptional places? If so, we would love to tell you our story.
At Oxford, our culture is truly one of a kind. Across business lines and around the world, we embrace the complex and tackle opportunities with speed and agility. We are ambitious and humble, forward looking and service-focused. We get stuff done, and have fun doing it! We take great pride in contributing to the communities where we live. We believe that what is good for the environment is good for business. Together we deliver exceptional experiences to our over 2 million daily customers.
Reporting to the Director & General Manager, the Property Manager (PM) will oversee daily operational management with a particular emphasis on Customer Relations. The PM will maintain and improve the property by ensuring an efficient alignment of site level resources while collaborating with internal stakeholders during the implementation of corporate initiatives.
Leading all employee engagement efforts to ensure a consistent and high-level service and customer experience. In the absence of the GM, the PM is expected to assume the overall leadership of the property.
A significant part of the role is leading, mentoring and developing direct reports. The PM has three direct reports including an Assistant Property Manager.
As a member of this team, you will be responsible for:
CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT
- Establish CRM Strategy – responsible for meeting with customers regularly to set up a check-in meetings (breakfast/coffee/lunch/dinner) to touch base (how’s the space, service, etc.)
- Effectively manage customer relationships by being responsive, diplomatic, and decisive in all interactions
- Communicate feedback from customers through OxConnect
- Will be stationed in the office but is also expected to spend time in the lobby and frequent customer offices, acting as the key contact for inquiries and a problem solver.
- Liaise with Operations team to ensure resolution of customer issues.
- Appropriately respond to and address daily inquiries from customers
- Be involved in industry associations and community initiatives. Build and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders, tenants, and employees
- Be focused on customer experience excellence and continuous improvement in offering amenities and events in the complex with the APM
- Manage the coordination and communication efforts in a timely fashion before, during and after customer move-ins and move-outs in collaboration with Construction Manager where applicable
- Review draft customer notices prepared by Assistant Property Managers
- Responsible for management of Lobby Concierge Program
- Escalate issues to GM when appropriate
GUEST EXPERIENCE / EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT
- Implement a culture of continuous improvement and innovation regarding customer experience and amenities – ensure there is 1-2 activations per month (inc. new and existing/ongoing)
- Support Assistant Property Managers in execution of customer events & amenities
- Act as the liaison between property departments to ensure clear and consistent flow of communication is received and disseminated amongst team members
- Liaise with Construction Manager, Operations Manager & Security Manager and assist in any customer related issues
PROPERTY MANAGEMENT/ OFFICE ADMINISTRATION
- Oversee and direct parking management
- Review KPI dashboards for customer satisfaction metrics monthly
- Monitor 310Maxx reports monthly – determine call type/customer benchmarks and follow up with the customers on a proactive basis
- Conduct regular property tours
To succeed in this role, you have:
- Budget Preparation: Provide guidance and coordination to all aspects of the multi-year budget preparation and regular forecasting including a sustainable operating budget and capital plan. Work with Leasing to provide information pertaining to market share, sales projections, and category analysis
- Reporting: Responsible for all weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting. Analyze and report on other critical data at the centre as needed.
- Oversee, prepare and execute all monthly financial tasks.
- Ensure accuracy of the AR and AP processes.
- Review and approval of lease related payments: progress billing on work orders, check requisitions for tenant allowances, payments of brokerage commissions, approval of feasibility studies for design work requested.
- Post-Secondary Education focused in Real Estate, Business, Finance or related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a related field within the retail/property management industry.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in people management.
- Completed or working towards an industry designation (RPA, FMA)
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills with a strong working knowledge of Word, PowerPoint & Excel
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Must have excellent communication skills to work in a dynamic, fast pace environment
- Analytical mind-set to collect, review and analyze market, financial and sales data
- Self-motivated individual with a strong work ethic and a high level of attention to detail
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, verbal and written communication, problem solving, project management, presentation, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Have a flexible attitude towards a variety of work tasks as is required in a small working group
Oxford Properties Group connects people to exceptional places, and is the owner, developer and manager of some of the world’s best real estate assets. Established in 1960, it manages approximately $60 billion of assets across the globe on behalf of its co-owners and investment partners. Oxford’s portfolio encompasses office, retail, industrial, hotels and multifamily residential and spans over 100 million square feet in global gateway cities across four continents. A highly disciplined and thematic investor, Oxford invests in properties, portfolios, development sites, debt, securities and platform opportunities across the risk-reward spectrum. With regional head offices in Toronto, New York, London, Luxembourg, Singapore and Sydney, its long-term approach to real estate investment aligns Oxford’s interests to its customers and the communities in which it operates. Oxford is the global real estate arm of OMERS, the AAA credit rated defined benefit pension plan for Ontario's municipal employees. For more information on Oxford, visit www.oxfordproperties.com.
OMERS is committed to having a workforce that reflects the communities in which we live and work. Diversity and Inclusion at OMERS means we respect and value the broadest range of experiences, geographies, gender, ethnicities and perspectives as key elements of our culture. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a barrier-free recruitment and selection process. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.