Job title :
MANAGER, PRIMARY CARE NETWORK
VERNON URGENT PRIM CARE
PERMANENT FULL TIME
Interior Health is looking for a permanent full time Manager, Primary Care Network to join our vibrant team at the Vernon Urgent Primary Care Clinic. If you are interested in expanding your career opportunities and develop your leadership skills, this is the position for you!
About the Role:
The Manager, Primary Care Network (Range 9) is responsible for effective leadership, resource management, program operational planning, quality, access systems, and service delivery; client/community relationships; and quality improvement, evaluation, and risk management of Primary Care services to support patients and physicians in the primary care home/patient medical home, and related contract management. The Manager works as a team member with fellow community, hospital, and residential Managers and portfolios in addition to cross-sector health teams, physicians, and other partners/agencies in a patient- and family-centred approach, and in accordance with IH and Ministry policies and standards.
Some Key Duties may include:
- Creates a work environment that supports a climate of mutual respect, open communication, teamwork, collaboration, shared learning, and innovation.
- Promotes a spirit of inquiry and innovation within the delivery of service and with a quality improvement and change management approach.
- Ensures coordination and integration of services with other IH programs and identifies opportunities for enhancement that will improve service delivery to clients/communities within the assigned area of responsibility.
- Ensures coordination and collaboration with the Division of Family Practice and shared primary care staff between the two authorities.
- Promotes IH vision, mission, values, and strategic direction.
- Identifies material, space, and financial resources required for the delivery of services within the assigned areas of responsibility; provides critical input to budget development; recommends resource allocation and budgetary adjustments; monitors expenditures and variance reports; and ensures that resources are utilized effectively and efficiently to meet the needs of the public.
- Develops and manages service contracts where applicable.
- Assumes overall responsibility for staff including recruitment, selection, departmental orientation, collective agreement administration, grievances, performance management, and termination as per IH policy.
- Identifies and takes action to address professional development needs.
Program and Service Delivery
- Provides leadership and direction to the service area’s team and implements IH program and service direction, policy, and standards.
- Identifies the need for, promotes, and facilitates research.
- Collaborates and maintains effective working relationships with a wide variety of internal (e.g., Directors and Managers) and external partners (e.g., physicians, Ministries, community agencies, organizations, and professionals) that are critical to the development and delivery of programs within the assigned areas of responsibility.
- Participates on various committees/working groups as required that are related to the delivery of the IH programs/services.
- Promotes positive interactions between staff and public.
Quality Improvement Evaluation/Risk Management
- Prepares or provides statistics and information related to workload management, department activity, quality assurance, or clinical use on a scheduled or as requested basis.
- Implements and monitors quality improvement initiatives for assigned areas and standardization with other IH communities/services as practical.
- Ensures a process for reviewing and responding to client/customer feedback.
- Leads and facilitates improvement changes.
- Identifies potential risks and applies mitigation strategies.
Some of the Benefits of Joining Interior Health:
- Participates in related job functions and projects as required and undertakes other related duties as may be assigned.
An attractive remuneration package in keeping with your qualifications and experience and excellent career prospects awaits the right candidate. In addition to a competitive wage, we offer a total compensation package! We have one of the best benefit package and pension plans in Canada. In addition to Medical, Dental and Extended Health coverage, we offer paid annual vacation starting at 4 weeks (20 days) up to a maximum of 7 weeks (35 days). We also offer an attractive defined employee pension plan, disability and life insurance, and options for maternity &/or paternity leave top-up.
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Together, we create great workplaces.
Interior Health, Where every person matters!
- Bachelor’s degree in a health-related discipline, Master’s degree preferred.
- Seven to ten years of recent, related experience, including three years frontline supervisory and/or program coordination or project management experience.
- Recent experience in Primary Health Care within the last three to five years
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.