- Drive revenue and market share for AWS.
- Meet or exceed quarterly and annual revenue targets.
- Develop and execute against a sales plan.
- Maintain a robust sales pipeline.
- Work with partners and OEM’s to extend reach & drive adoption of AWS solutions.
- Manage contract negotiations along with the core sales organization.
- Develop long-term strategic relationships with key accounts.
- Ensure customer satisfaction.
- Expect moderate travel.
AWS is one of Amazon’s fastest growing businesses, servicing millions of customers in more than 190 countries, reshaping the way global enterprises consume information technology and powering the developers who are building the next generation of global industry leaders. AWS customers include some of the most innovative startups like Netflix, Pinterest, Airbnb, and Instagram as well as some of the largest global enterprises like Shell International, Unilever, Hitachi, Sharp, Bristol-Myers Squibb, and Samsung.
AWS is seeking a seasoned Enterprise Sales Representative to help us establish AWS as the market leader for Amazon Connect - Amazon’s Contact Center as a Service (CCaaS). This effort is in direct response to feedback from customers and seeks to address the daily pain points of meeting the high bar of delivering outstanding customer service. This new service will offer a compelling alternative for our customers when faced with multiple components, channels and vendors, managing long term commitments and very complex pricing models, and scaling based upon the specific needs of their businesses. This exciting new service is part of the growing SaaS offerings from AWS such as Amazon WorkSpaces, Amazon WorkDocs, and Alexa for Business. The ideal candidate will have enterprise sales experience in areas such as telecommunications, VoIP, CRM/ERP applications, call/contact center and/or the integration of these complex solutions, be a self-starter, and be willing operate both tactically and strategically. As key team member in this fast growing, exciting space you will have the opportunity to help drive the growth and shape the future of a service category that will have a significant impact on our customers’ business.
Your responsibilities will include building and managing a healthy sales pipeline focused on driving revenue, adoption, and market penetration. The ideal candidate will possess a proven track record and background that enables them to lead a sales effort that will include teaming with AWS Senior Enterprise Sales Representatives, Solutions Architects, Partners and engagements at the CxO level within the largest AWS accounts. The successful candidate will also possess a business background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the CxO/VP level, as well as a technical understanding that enables them to easily interact with developers and technical architects. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus.
- 7-10 years of technology related sales or business development experience.
- BA/BS degree required.
- A technical background in engineering, computer science, or MIS a plus.
- Direct field experience working with enterprise accounts.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Extensive customer network.
- Proven track record of success driving adoption of disruptive technologies within enterprise accounts.