Care to join us?
If you are a caring and skilled individual who enjoys working with seniors, we want to hear from you!
We are looking for a full-time LPN (Program Coordinator) to work at Monashee Mews, our complex care community in Lumby, BC.
Benefits of working for Vantage Living:
- Extended benefits. 100% Employer funded benefits plan available for full and part-time staff who work more than 20 hours/week.
- Work/life balance. Flexible schedules to support your work-life balance.
- Local. Locally owned and operated, supporting the community.
- Modern. Beautiful, modern communities that inspire lifestyle.
- We’re cool. A fun and vibrant company culture!
Responsibilities of the position:
- Be accountable. Lead delivery of client-centred care services on a shift-by-shift basis and in accordance with program goals and processes.
- Be effective. Ensure comprehensive client care plans are developed, updated, and regularly evaluated for effectiveness. Tailor them to each client’s short and long term needs.
- Be observant. Monitor changing care needs, adjust care and services as needed.
- Be confident. Participate in decision-making relating to matters of health and safety, client care, and human resource management.
- Be diligent. Ensure client electronic and health records are managed appropriately by all team members.
- Be discreet. Ensure proper procedures and legalities are followed regarding confidential matters and records containing:
- client or family information,
- employee or volunteer information,
- company data, and
- medication information.
- Be organized. Ensure adequate supplies and resources are available to fulfill program requirements.
- Be a leader and a team player. Provide leadership and direction for team members involved in the provision of client care by mentoring and role modeling, fostering and promoting new initiatives.
- Be comprehensive. Interpret, develop, and implement policies, procedures, and clinical protocols;
- Be prepared. Coordinate move-ins, transfers, and move-outs of clients within assigned areas.
- Be a communication expert. Liaise with health authority representatives, pharmacy, paraprofessionals, physicians, and other stakeholders to ensure individual client needs are addressed. Include input from clients and their families.
- Be attentive. Perform other duties as assigned.
Your experience and expertise:
- Completion of Practical Nurse program from an accredited educational institution.
- Full scope of practice Licensed Practical Nurse with membership in good standing with the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of British Columbia.
- Minimum of two years experience successfully coordinating care and service delivery within a complex care environment preferred.
- Strong desire to enhance the lives of seniors by leading and mentoring team members and coordinating care services around client needs, abilities, and preferences.
- Computer literate and familiar with electronic health records including interRAI and eMAR.
- Valid First Aid Certificate (includes CPR B).
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- successfully coordinating care and service: 2 years (Required)
- College of Licensed Nurses of British Columbia (Required)
- First Aid (includes CPR B) (Required)