Administrative and Professional Staff (APSA)
$55,943 To $66,807 Annually
# of openings:
The Study Abroad Advisor recruits and advises undergraduate students regarding Beedie School of Business (Beedie) and SFU international programs. The Advisor provides guidance and administrative support to students; executes promotional strategies for international programs and plans; liaises with faculty and staff in SFU units and Beedie's international partner institutions; and delivers and customizes support services and events to meet the needs of students.
Assignment End Date: February 15, 2020.
Please include your cover letter and resume in one attachment.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Communication, Marketing, International Studies, or a related discipline and three years of related experience in student advising within an international or study abroad setting, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Excellent knowledge of cultural sensitivities.
- Excellent intercultural, interpersonal, conflict resolution, and communication skills (verbal, written, and presentation).
- Excellent event management, group leadership, training, and facilitation skills.
- Ability to multi-task and to meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with faculty, external clients, vendors, and contacts at partner institutions.
- Ability to exercise mature judgment, initiative, diplomacy and tact, and handle confidential/sensitive material with discretion.
- Ability to explain and apply policies.
- Ability to arrange suitable transportation when travelling to work at any of the SFU campuses.
- Ability to travel internationally.
- Proficient in the use of office software applications (e.g., word processing, database, and web-based, and spreadsheet applications).
- Proficient in the use of student information systems (e.g., SIMS).