WHO YOU ARE
As a person you are passionate about people, business, IKEA’s purpose and continuously driving better performance. You have a passion for creating IKEA fit for the multichannel-retailing future and living the change process that comes with it as well as increasing customer value and thinking of customers first.
For this role we believe you have a minimum 2-3 years experience in Digital Marketing, Online Merchandising, Online Content Editing, E-commerce, or similar. Formal qualifications in Web/Online, Marketing, Sales, Business Management or equivalent. In addition, you have experience in driving output within set scope and following up results, experience of taking commercial decisions based on market and digital knowledge, experience of online business, digital media and e-marketing techniques, experience of working in a retailer environment as well as experience in digital range presentation techniques.
You have extensive knowledge of sales steering and range presentation. In addition, you have broad knowledge of Life at Home and Home Furnishing. On top of this you have good knowledge of the end user in the IKEA multichannel shopping experience. Knowledge of online commerce best practices in the local market, broad knowledge of managing digital assets with web design and merchandising techniques, marketing creative & production process, online customer behaviors and a good understanding of SEO/SEM.
You have strong organizational and planning skills with an ability to prioritize and turn strategies into operational plans and impactful actions. Ability to work and perform under pressure, with flexibility and simplicity. Follow up on work done and capture learnings to improve. Good analytical and strategic skills with ability to balance range presentation and commercial priorities. Ability to keep a flexible, hands-on approach to responsibilities and to meet deadlines.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING DAY TO DAY
In the role as a E-Commerce Merchandiser, you are responsible for supporting all visitors to the online channels by offering the best browsing and shopping experience throughout the IKEA range. Actively contribute to attract and convert more consumers to customers and encouraging existing customers to shop more frequently and in larger volumes by leveraging the home furnishing competence and digital skills of IKEA.
- Act as a member of the E-commerce team and proactively contribute to E-commerce plan/output in order to deliver to the common objectives and goals.
- Manage website content localization process: adjust global material for local adaptation in order to secure local relevance
- Work closely on a daily basis with range, merchandising, SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and digital performance functions to secure cross-functional alignment in the wider E-commerce team
- Support local A/B testing acting in line with guidelines set from Group Digital
- Support digital asset publishing local and global content pertaining to product placement on IKEA digital channels
- Responsible for reviewing content assets, identify improvements, create pages and publish in digital channels
- Continuously work with and organize digital content assets based on received plans
- Actively cooperate with all key stakeholders within commercial and beyond to secure integration, common focus and maximize impact (for example Digital, CFF (Customer Fulfilment), Communications, Sustainability, BNOF (Business Navigation Operations & Finance), People & Culture)
- Be an active player in driving an open and sharing climate, being a role model of the IKEA values, and contribute to the transformation of IKEA
- Be responsible for planning and optimizing products across different digital media, to show the width and depth of the IKEA range to support the seasonality and commercial priorities while simplifying the buying process.
- Contribute to conversion optimization by sharing recommendations with the Sales Leaders, for example using add-on sales and cross-selling.
- Contribute to the customer experience and customer journey through working closely with Range Specialist, Content editor and the HF&RD (Home Furnishing & Retail Design) function.
- Continuously monitor the market and competitors by identifying new range presentation techniques and features in order to translate them into commercially viable implementations.
- Measure and follow up the performance of online merchandising by analyzing customer behavior.
- Actively cooperate with all key stakeholders within commercial and beyond to secure integration, common focus and maximize impact.
- Be an active player in driving an open and sharing climate, being a role model of the IKEA values, and contribute to the transformation of IKEA.
TOGETHER AS A TEAM
Where others see home furnishing products, we see smart solutions to create a better everyday life. With a great deal of passion, imagination and brainstorming we turn colours, textiles and furniture into inspiring environments that excite, engage and convince IKEA visitors that they can do it too!