TITLE: Legal Assistant
DEPARTMENT: Legal Services
REPORTS TO: AVP, Legal Services
Unica Insurance committed to providing a diverse, inclusive work environment free of all forms of discrimination, including discrimination on the basis of physical or mental disability, or medical condition. If you are interested in pursuing a job opportunity with Unica Insurance and require accommodation, please advise us so that we can work with you to provide suitable accommodation in the recruitment and selection process.
Reporting to the Assistant Vice President, Legal Services, we are looking for a seasoned Legal Assistant to join our team.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares court documents, correspondence, and other documents.
- Maintains large volume of legal files, records, etc.
- Schedules court dates including Motion, Mediations and Examinations for Discovery
- Ensures that work is completed accurately and in a timely manner
- Understands the importance of maintaining confidentiality both inside and outside of work
- Open and maintain files and filing system
- Manage telephone calls and process mail
- Manage and coordinate meetings, appointments, schedules and calendars, and make travel arrangements
Essential requirements for this position are:
- Minimum of five (5) years litigation experience as a legal assistant, law clerk or paralegal; pay commensurate with experience;
- Experience supporting lawyers handling insurance litigation – primarily personal injury (motor vehicle, slip and fall), property claims, accident benefit claims, etc.;
- Exemplary technical, administrative, organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Proven ability to handle changing priorities;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Excellent keyboarding and computer skills (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Access);
- Superior verbal and written communication and presentation skills;
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills and file maintenance;
- Resourceful, with the ability to prioritize, multitask and meet deadlines with minimal supervision;
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Insurance Litigation: 1 year (Required)
- Legal Assistant: 5 years (Required)