FULL -TIME POSITION FOR LICENSED 310T HEAVY TRUCK MECHANICS, STONEY CREEK LOCATION.
The Metro Truck Group is a full-service centre for all heavy truck & trailer needs. We are rapidly growing & expanding, and are currently looking for ten (10) licensed 310T Truck Technicians to join Head Office Service team in Stoney Creek.
Successful candidates must possess exceptional electrical and diagnostic skills and have a team orientated attitude, and pride in a job well done. Previous experience in a dealership or fleet setting as well as highly evolved knowledge of Freightliner, Cummins, Cat , Detroit Diesel, Mercedes and Allison a strong asset but not essential .
What We Have to Offer:
- Competitive wage determined by experience, minimum hourly rate starting at $25.00 for 44.0 hours per week
- Rotational shift wage premiums
- Industry standard benefits package
- Updated RRSP/DPSP Package!
- NEW IN HOUSE FREIGHTLINER / DETROIT DIESEL CORPORATE SPONSORED INSTRUCTOR LEAD TRAINING FACILITY!
Heavy Truck Mechanic duties include, but are not limited to:
- Adjust, repair or replace parts and components of automotive systems; Test and adjust repaired systems to manufacturer's specifications; Perform scheduled maintenance service; Advise customers on work performed and future repair requirements
- Inspect and test mechanical units; Diagnose faults and malfunctions; Repair and replace mechanical units; Test and adjust units to specifications
- Adjust, repair or replace parts and components of commercial transport truck systems; Adjust, repair or replace parts and components of truck-trailer systems; Test and adjust repaired systems to manufacturer's specifications; Perform scheduled maintenance service
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, good hand-eye co-ordination and critical thinking skills
- All other responsibilities as assigned
Education & Qualifications:
- TRUCK AND COACH TECHNICIAN 310T or equivalent
- 3+ years experience maintaining diesel highway trucks
- Motive Power/Truck and Coach Diploma program considered a strong asset
HOW TO APPLY:
- please apply through Indeed with an updated resume including a NON-Indeed email contact
- candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
- no phone calls please
- 475 Seaman Street, Stoney Creek, ON. L8E 2R2
The Metro Truck Group is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment providing accommodation in accordance with all relevant legislation. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects diversity and provides accommodation during all parts of the hiring process. Should you require accommodation, please contact our office and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Type: Full-time
- Heavy Truck Mechanic: 3 years (Required)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Preferred)
- Drivers License (Required)
- 310T Licence (Required)