We are seeking a Project Manager for our projects in the Great Vancouver area. The successful candidate will work out of our head office at 2110-12191 Hammersmith Way, Richmond, BC, V7A 5H2, with frequent travel to customer sites.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Project Manager will be responsible for overall planning, management, and execution of renovation projects, and ensuring that these projects are completed in accordance with customer requirements and budget. Specific duties will include:
- Taking design, vision, timing and budgetary input from customers and general managers of the company;
- Manage customer relationships and develop new business when opportunities arise:
- Manage project costs and budgets, and work closely with the accounting department;
- Engage in project planning with architects and engineers;
- Control construction material: procurement, distribution, inventory; maintain relationships with suppliers
- Oversee project personnel: coordinate schedules and activities; select and supervise project workers; inspect quality of work; hire subcontractors and tradespersons
- Participate in the management of the company
- At least seven (7) years of experience in the construction and/or renovation, at least five (5) of which were in a project management role;
- Background in business or accounting is desirable;
- Technical knowledge of residential construction and renovation, as well as proficiency in the business of construction;
- Experience in client/account management;
- Mandarin Chinese is an asset in dealing with our diverse customer base.
$22 per hour. Subject to a 90-day probationary period, this is intended to be a permanent position. The position is full-time requiring approximately 40 hours per week, and may entail shift work.
How to apply:
Please send applications via email specifying “Project Manager” in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Only qualified candidates will receive a response.