HomeEquity Bank is the leading national provider of reverse mortgages to homeowners aged 55 and over, Canada’s fastest growing demographic segment. HomeEquity Bank originates and administers Canada’s largest portfolio of reverse mortgages under the CHIP Home Income Plan™ brand. New mortgages are originated on a direct to consumer basis as well as through referral arrangements with the six largest banks, leading mortgage brokers and financial planning firms. HomeEquity Bank has been the main underwriter of reverse mortgages in Canada since its predecessor; Canadian Home Income Plan Corporation pioneered the concept in 1986. HomeEquity Bank has a highly effective direct-to-consumer distribution model (B2C), as well as an established referral network (B2B), including Canada’s major banks, credit unions, financial planners and mortgage brokers.
HomeEquity Bank is exceptionally well positioned for further growth for a number of very important reasons: 1) positive demographic trends in the 55 years old and over segment, 2) wider awareness and growing demand of reverse mortgages in the market, 3) significant barriers to entry for competitors, and 4) HomeEquity Bank’s firm position as market leader.
The HRIS & Compensation Analyst will be responsible for developing reports, metrics and dashboards based on data from various HR and company systems to provide information and insights for people leaders to make informed decisions. The HRIS & Compensation Analyst is also responsible for reviewing business processes and systems to optimize technology, increase operational efficiency and ensure data integrity. This includes communicating findings to Management, advising on changes and improvements and coordinating/implementing changes.
The HRIS & Compensation Analyst is also responsible for providing support in the management of Total Rewards programs.
Position Responsibilities:Reporting & Data Management:
Compensation & Total Rewards:
- Create dashboards, reports and metrics to provide organization and Talent Management information and updates to people leaders using data analytics and reporting tools
- Identify and present relevant information and trends to create business insights and communicate to business leaders to assist them with making decisions
- Maintain HR Data integrity within and across systems, conduct system audits and reconcile discrepancies with other functional areas to ensure accuracy
- Create and maintain a variety of reports including turnover, demographic and other key HR Data
- Create specialized presentations on organization and Talent Management information for senior management
HR Process Improvement & Systems Support:
- Assist in the management of Total Rewards programs including compensation analysis and job evaluation, Total Rewards program costing and modelling, and developing support tools and education for people leaders
- Coordinate and administer annual base salary and incentive programs including preparing calculations, costing models and presentations for senior management
- Review Total Rewards programs and provide recommendations and support to ensure programs are market competitive, easy to administer and contribute to a positive employee experience
- Review business processes and systems functionality to optimize existing technology and identify new technology/automation to increase HR effectiveness and enhance the people leader and employee experience
- Coordinate HR systems implementation and changes including consulting with team members and key stakeholders to define functional requirements, redesigning business processes, testing new functionality and implementing features to increase operational effectiveness and optimize HR systems
- Maintain and manage problem logs and system changes, connecting with external vendors as appropriate, to ensure quick and complete resolution.
- Develop training and provide support to users to promote adoption and maximize fully leverage the capabilities of HR systems and tools
- Maintain complete and up-to-date process documentation
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience
- Post-secondary education in HR, Business or a related field
- Minimum 3 years’ experience HRIS administration, Compensation and/or HR Analytics & Reporting
- Strong proficiency with Excel (Pivot tables, V-look ups, macros) is required. Experience with BI and reporting tools is an asset.
- Work experience with Dayforce will be considered an asset
- Experience in user needs analysis and identification of functional requirements
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to synthesize and translate data into information to support decision making
- In-depth people analytics and reporting experience including the development of dashboards and presentations for senior management
- Excellent organization skills and consistent attention to detail and accuracy
- Effective communication and customer service skills working with internal and external vendors to resolve issues and communicate functional requirements
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
Individuals must comply with the Bank’s AML, Fraud and Privacy Policies and procedures and be vigilant in the detection and prevention of money laundering, terrorist financing, fraud and the safeguard of all client information.
HomeEquity Bank complies with the Employment Equity Act. Our Employment Equity program is intended to help ensure that all Canadians have the same access to the labour market and to ensure the full representation of members of the four designated groups which include: women, visible minorities, Aboriginal People and Persons with Disabilities.
If you would like more information on the HomeEquity Bank please visit: www.homeequitybank.ca. If you'd like to find out more about the CHIP Home Income Plan solution, please visit www.chip.ca.