Mallot Creek Group Inc. offers integrated consulting services specializing in food, agriculture and
related industries with a focus in engineering services, strategic business recommendations, process
improvement, and food safety specialization. Founded in 1999, Mallot Creek has extensive expertise
which allows us to meet the needs of the Food and Beverage Industry throughout the supply chain. We
are one of the leading firms in Canada, employing over 50 devoted individuals, providing strategies and
solutions to Clients throughout North America.
Mallot Creek’s engineers have championed the conceptual layout and construction of multiple
processing plants throughout North America. Our dedicated engineering and project management team
includes mechanical, electrical, civil and architectural expertise.
Mallot Creek also provides services in strategic business analysis and market recommendations, food
safety and process improvement. Our expertise of the food channels from ‘gate-to-plate’ allows us to
develop executable and realistic solutions based on factual, industry relevant standards. Food safety and
regulatory reviews encompass all food processing sectors and ranges from facility-based to package
Mallot Creek Group Inc. is truly a one-stop-shop where strategic business and engineering expertise
accomplish all our client's needs. Our projects, reports, and recommendations are based on a genuine
understanding of operational issues and are executable and results-oriented.
The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for administering marketing and communication initiatives
and assists the Marketing Manager in evolving marketing programs. As a member of the Marketing
team, this role is active in assisting with the conception, planning, researching and execution of various
marketing projects that contribute to our clients’ strategic business and market goals.
We seek a highly organized and efficient coordinator who will execute identified business strategy and
marketing services and who will add value to client-based work by coordinating project management
activities, researching, reporting and maintaining project systems. This role will also support Mallot
Creek business development efforts.
The successful candidate will encompass a willingness to work in a team environment as well as
independently, have a strong desire to learn, and a continuous drive and dedication for client
- Collaborate with marketing team to develop and implement marketing strategies for our food
and beverage clients as well as execution for company initiatives to promote Mallot Creek.
- Create online marketing campaigns aimed at businesses in our niche market.
- Assist in the execution of flawless communication, including the design, development,
preparation and distribution of all presentation and marketing material.
- Assist with the development of both short and long-term marketing programs for our clients and
Projects may include market analysis, packaging design, creative briefs, and copy planning
and marketing project activities from concept to execution.
- Primary and secondary market research and summary of relevant aspects based on client need.
- Coordination of new product development projects across multiple disciplines.
- Coordinating with internal divisions and the client to ensure projects are timely and on budget.
- Create reports and presentations for clients and key stakeholders.
- Develop social media marketing content and strategies (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram)
for our clients and internally, for MCG.
- Measure and track effectiveness of various client marketing initiatives.
- Coordination and planning for tradeshows, special events and speaking engagements including
- Develop and edit information needed for RFPs, proposals and reports.
- Assist and support sales as required (ex. activity reports, industry research)
- Champion the marketing administration and communication’s systems. (i.e. following
departmental filing system, the creation of spreadsheets, e-communications, press releases,
social media, and PPT presentations).
- As part of the marketing team, consult and assist with the development and implementation of
various communication programs, i.e. brochures, letters, promotional flyers, sales campaign
materials, and displays as required and working with outside suppliers as necessary.
- Prepare monthly information for client invoicing.
- The majority of time (80%) will be focused on client-based work, including pursuing client
opportunities and 20% of time spent supporting MCG’s business development efforts.
- Additional duties; as assigned.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- Experience with different marketing platforms: Lead Generation, email marketing, digital
marketing, SEO/Content understanding, Microsoft CRM/Marketing.
- Demonstrated ability to assist in writing and editing material on a variety of topics for different
- Ability to manage multiple projects and competing timelines while maintaining on-going
responsiveness to client needs.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; proven ability to work independently, thinking
‘quick on your feet’ and asking appropriate questions.
- Ability to manage relationships with internal stakeholders and external vendors including
editors, graphic designers and printers.
- Effective communication skills both verbal and written in order to engage with all levels of the
- Advanced understanding of Microsoft Office with an emphasis on Excel.
- Strong experience with Adobe Creative Suite, InDesign, and Photoshop.
- Confident, organized, and ability to manage multiple demands and deadlines.
- Self-starter who is highly motivated and not afraid to take initiative.
- Degree or Diploma and/or designation(s) in communications, journalism, marketing or related
area is required.
- Some marketing and/or project management related experience; social media/web-based
marketing experience is an asset.
- In-depth experience of the Consumer Packaged Goods sector is an asset.
- Food and beverage/pharmaceutical industry experience is an asset.
- Mallot Creek Group enjoys a cohesive atmosphere and a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- If you are looking for an opportunity that continually presents new challenges and rewards, we
want to meet you!
- Must have own transportation and a willingness to travel occasionally.
- On occasion, may need to be called upon evenings and weekends.
- This is a majority office position.
Salaries are competitive within the industry and we reward hard work! Shared-cost health/dental
benefit plan, continuing education reimbursement, an industry leading RRSP matching plan, and a
wellness company contribution.
Please submit your resume and cover letter in Microsoft Word format (.doc), PDF, or Windows text to
Caroline Michalski email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only
those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mallot Creek Group is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing
employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility
for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity or testing, please advise
Human Resources if you require accommodation.