Reporting directly to the SVP of Operations, the Master Planner will be responsible for determining and setting manufacturing production schedules, supply and demand planning and coordinating all outgoing order fulfillment with the sales operation and customer service teams. The master planner ensures that all finished goods and raw materials are available in the supply chain and that inventory is maintained at acceptable levels.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create a rolling 6-month Production Schedule considering room availability, clone, transplant and harvest cycle.
- Develop production schedule utilizing the production capacity, considering sales forecast, historical sales, and new business opportunities.
- Plan, prepare, maintain, and report on the performance of the master schedule
- Develop inventory targets and manage production to achieve targeted inventory levels.
- Monitor actual output versus the Master Production Plan. Identify gaps and drive solutions, including a metrics on production performance to the requested production schedule.
- Create and maintain capacity requirements plan that supports the master schedule.
- Establish and adjust safety stock levels for finished goods and raw material inventories
- Provide tactical volume, raw material requirements, and capacity analysis as needed
- Develop, evaluate, and present “What if?” scenarios that leverage opportunities and address challenges
- Ensure that assumptions, risks, and opportunities relating to the short and medium-term business targets are identified, monitored, and reported
- Generate information on scheduled and independent demand items for use in the Leadership IBP process (a.k.a S&OP)
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports using ERP system.
- Assist in the continual improvement of the IBP process to ensure that it meets known and expected business needs
- Other duties as assigned
- Post-secondary education in supply chain management or a related field
- Expertise in supply chain planning and experience working and collaborating with demand and supply professionals
- Master Production Scheduling (MPS)
- Materials Requirements Planning (MRP)
- Knowledge and experience in IBP and/or Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP)
- Advanced planning system (Rapid Response Preferred)
- What if scenario planning
- Production planning and capacity planning/management
- Inventory management
- Knowledge and experience working with enterprise resource planning (ERP) software
- Commit to acquiring or already hold one or both of the APICS Certifications: Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) & Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP)
- The ability to effectively manage complex and rapidly evolving situations
- Communication skills that enable change, problem resolution, mediation, and the ability to successfully work in a team environment.
Commensurate with experience and qualifications
Security Clearance may be requested for this position
Hours may vary by shift in accordance with facility needs
Zenabis is quickly becoming a key player in the rapidly growing Canadian cannabis industry. As a publicly traded company (TSX: ZENA) with over 30 years of experience in commercial agriculture, we have the potential to become one of the largest licensed producers of medical and adult-use cannabis in the world. We are a diverse and passionate team of doctors, scientists, cultivators, educators, and advocates with the same goal: to increase access to high quality cannabis products.
While headquartered in downtown Vancouver, Zenabis’ facilities are located coast to coast across Canada. As the reach of our products continues to expand nationwide and internationally, we are looking for exceptional talent to propel our company to the next level. Join us as we help build this budding industry! For more information, please visit: https://www.zenabis.com.
Job Type: Full-time
- Production Scheduling: 2 years (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)
- French (Preferred)