Plans, lays out, draws, and revises part, assembly, and installation engineering drawings from basic layouts, established references, notes and discussions with engineers, and standard data. Utilizes computer-aided design equipment and/or manual tools. Completes layout drawings prepared by others in accordance with standard engineering drafting practices or may develop complete major layouts of engineering drawings. Within parameters determines scaling required; inserts necessary reference planes, centering and dimension lines, hidden line interpolations, and sectioning; prepares specifications for parts, assemblies, and installations; prepares complete production detail drawings; contributes design modifications to improve quality of product or facilitate manufacturing operations.
- Graphics development work related to 2D/3D training simulators.
This will include:
- Create 2D and 3D drawings/animation packages using modeling & design CAD software tools, and other peripheral support software packages in accordance with drawing standards.
- Interface with engineers and designers to determine engineering drawing content.
- Interprets and implements Change Requests, Change Notices, Engineering Change Orders, to update existing detailed parts, sub-assembly and top-level assembly drawings and associated parts lists in accordance with drawing standards.
- Recommend solutions for problems experienced.
- Prepare and update technical illustration material for progress status reports or other reporting purposes, as well as website and marketing graphics.
- Prepare marketing and web graphics.
Desired Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Mechanical/Industrial Drafting Technician diploma from an accredited and recognized technical Community College preferred, but exceptions can be made if you know your stuff.
- Minimum 5 years of 2D/3D graphic development experience preferred.
- Game development experience a plus.
- Knowledge of Agile software development process.
- Strong knowledge of 3D modeling/CAD software.
- Knowledge of the software development life-cycle.
- Well organized, capable of planning, scheduling and prioritizing work.
- Aptitude for solving challenging problems.
- Creative, with a solid attention to detail.
- Takes pride in their work.
- Emergency Services Simulators is a Canadian-based company specializing in the creation of advanced training solutions for first responders.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
- Emergency Services Simulators is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. We are committed to excellence in serving all customers, including people with disabilities, and we encourage feedback on the provision of these services.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year
Pay may depend on skills and/or qualifications
- web design: 5 years (Preferred)