- Join an industry leader that invests in their employee's growth and success
- Earn a competitive hourly wage of $36 to $42, based on skills and experience, plus great benefits
- Join a small team where your efforts and personal priorities are recognized
About JA Tech Inc.
JA Tech Inc. is a provider of field, technical and engineering services and products for most equipment and apparatus which form an electrical power system. Our specialties include HV Pfisterer terminations, fusion fiber splicing, power transformer oil filling and assembly. Our customers include large and small industrial, commercial, institutional, manufacturing and utility companies. We are committed to protecting the health and safety of our workers and those impacted by our work, while protecting the environment. JA Tech has an active HSE program and is COR certified, as well as being an active member of ISNetworld, ComplyWorks, Avetta and CanQual. JA Tech is also a proud member of a number of organizations including, SIMSA, CanRea, First Nations Power Authority and APEGS.
We are a Certified Aboriginal Business with the Canadian Council for Aboriginal Business. We understand that through inclusion and diversity, we can strengthen our company.
To learn more about us, please visit our website.
About The Opportunity
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a full-time Overhead Crane Technician to join our team in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. This is an on-site role that will work mainly in Saskatchewan, but some work will take place in Manitoba and Alberta.
The Overhead Crane Technician will work with our team to provide services such as emergency troubleshooting to installation, maintenance and acceptance testing, commissioning, start-up, system studies and analysis, repairs, and turn-key type solutions.
More specifically, your essential duties and responsibilities will include:
- Performing electrical and mechanical inspections on most makes of cranes and hoists
- Troubleshooting to determine faults and malfunctions
- Repairing and replacing various parts and components
- Testing of electrical circuits, motors, and components
- Wiring of electrical circuits and devices
- Performing required maintenance and adjustments
- Completing required paperwork, including timesheets, reports, or safety reports
- Recognizing potential service opportunities and forwarding appropriately with relevant details
- Conducting work in a manner prescribed by JA Tech's Occupational Health, Safety, and Environmental Manual
More About You
In order to qualify for this role, you must have 2000+ hours of overhead travelling crane or bridge crane experience, and an Electrician or Millwright Red Seal Certification.
In addition, you must also have the following skills and experiences:
- Strong understanding of applicable crane regulations, especially CSA regulations
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- A valid driver's license
- Ability to travel to job sites as required
Please note that this a drug and alcohol-free work environment. Drug and alcohol testing is a requirement before working on a client site.
About The Benefits
As a valued member of our team, you will be rewarded with a highly competitive starting hourly wage of $36 to $42, based on skills and experience, along with a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Health Spending Account and Deferred Profit-Sharing Plan
- Transportation from JA Tech shop to work sites is provided
- Company events, including a BBQ in the summer, and a Christmas party
- Boot Allowance
- Banked Time
- Service Awards
- Work-life Balance Flexibility
- Training and Professional Development
If this sounds like you, then we would love to hear from you - apply today!