Key Events and Wedding, a renowned boutique size event planning and decor rental company
located in Richmond, BC since 2000. We create and produce both private celebrations and
corporate events locally as well as aboard with our client/s primarily in the Canadian-Asian
Recently, Key Events has launched its first Wedding Social Canada event, the first Canadian
Asian focus wedding show in Vancouver and has received much attention and applause from
Our business platform is evolving. We are looking for a full time (6 month contract) and /or part-time Event Sales & Marketing Coordinator effective immediately to cope with the upcoming busy season. During the first 6 months, this is a combine role where you will have a taste of both the wedding and corporate event business. Upon completion of the first 6-months, this position will likely be converted to a full time employment status pending on the business direction. As well, pending on your qualifications, after the first 6 months, we will then determine if you are a better fit focusing on wedding and personal celebrations or corporate events sectors.
As well, we have just landed a million dollar event project in Las Vegas and therefore
we are looking for the right candidate who is willing and able to travel for occasional meetings aboard.
If you are interested in the world of events and weddings, this may be the perfect entry for
you as we offer a wide variety of opportunities in both the corporate and wedding sectors. If you have what it takes, then lets grow together.
Current planners and coordinators are welcome to apply.
Reporting directly to the lead planner/ principle of the company, this Event Sales / Marketing
Coordinator is responsible in providing administrative, event and vendors coordination, sales and marketing support duties as well as initial client consultation duties.
In order to do you job, you must possess a driver license and possess a vehicle so that you may conduct site and vendor visit whenever required.
Event Sales Coordinator:
Responsible for day to day event/wedding sales and project coordination.
Initial client consultation and follow ups
Prepare presentation using PPT
On site supervision of events and weddings
Occasional hands on decoration work as project requires
Liaise with logistics and arrange set up and take down crew
1. Assist with marketing plan provided by the company – e.g. website update, SEO, social media,
advertising, a PR distribution, mailchimp
2. Assist in production of sales and marketing literature.
3. Organize trade show and wedding shows
4. Ability to update website using WordPress will be an asset. (Training could be provided).
5. Knowledge of Photoshop or AI will be given first priorty
We are looking for someone who posses the followings:
1. Post-secondary graduate with basic event planning skills or WPIC certified.
2. Fluent in both English plus Cantonese or Mandarin.
3. Knowledge of wedding /event planning, and/ or event decoration will be given priority
4. Experience in some wedding décor will definitely a plus
5. Must process a BC driver License and process your own vehicle
6. Occasional travel.
7. Flexible working hours as many events and weddings happen on weekends.
8. Must be comfortable working with clients
9. Good time management and planning skills
10. Good interpersonal and presentation skills
11. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential
12. Able to meet multiple project deadlines and demonstrate good attention to detail
13. Experience in communicating multi-culturally
14. Able to demonstrate an understanding of the needs of the customer
15. Able to work individually as well as part of a team
16. Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, excel and PowerPoint), photoshop level II,
and a strong ability to use the Internet.
17. Must have the ability to type in Chinese
18. Must be able to work on flexible hours as the world of events is never a 9 - 5 type of job.
19 Social media skill will be highly valued - Facebook, Instagram, WeChat ...etc.
The right candidate may need travelling with the lead planner for events and meetings.
Therefore, you must be flexible to travel and poccess proper passport for travel.
Compensation and commissions will be negotiated pending on your qualifications.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract