Hopewell Development (‘Hopewell’) is a national industrial and retail developer and is part of the Hopewell Group of Companies, selected as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies. Our extensive market knowledge and relationships with partners, has continually reinforced Hopewell’s strong national presence and steady growth.
As one of the largest commercial developers in Canada, Hopewell continually strives for excellence. Our success and achievement of excellence is based on the dedication of our talent. The entrepreneurial spirit and dynamic work environment of Hopewell inspires our employees to excel. Hopewell understands that our employees are the backbone of our business. We have a passion to lead and a culture that rewards those who give their best.
Hopewell currently has an opening for a full-time Retail Leasing Assistant. This position is responsible for all administrative requirements for the Retail Leasing team. In addition, they will assist with reviewing, amending, and processing lease documentation, agreements, and licenses for the Retail Leasing team. Through consultation with Management, Legal, and external relationships this role will ensure the standardization of retail lease procedures, processes and documents.
This position will report directly to the Vice President, Retail Leasing.
- Administer all documentation on behalf of the Retail Leasing team;
- Review, draft and amend agreements in consultation and under the direction of the Management team. Examples of the types of agreements include: Letters of Intent (LOI), Offers to Lease (OTL), provisions, amendments, counteroffers, etc.;
- Reviews executed documents for completeness and accuracy, approves and prepares documents for landlord execution;
- Tracks status of documentation and approved internal paperwork from proposal to final execution;
- Coordinate, monitor progress, and obtain signature(s) for various documents, forms;
- Monitor and provide updates on the status of all conditions;
- Fax, scan and copy documents and other correspondence in support of maintaining an up-to-date and accurate filing system;
- Coordinate and maintain an up-to-date and accurate electronic and paper filing system for all departmental documentation;
- Creation and maintenance of schedules and documents such as site plans, elevations, etc.;
- Contribute to improving the business process to expedite documentation turnover;
- Addresses lease-related inquiries or issues as required;
- Full administrative support for Retail Leasing team. Examples include special event planning and arrangements; travel/bookings/reservations/registrations; branded merchandise orders; special presentations; arrange meetings; administration relief (i.e. filing, cover letters, drafting mark-ups, etc.);
- Coordinating any broker or tenant promotional events;
- Creation, maintenance and tracking of standard reports including bi-monthly meeting PowerPoint updates and preparation of Leasing Report; KPI tracking; expenses; commission invoice review and tracking;
- Track and review receivables for accuracy;
- Marketing, Construction and Operations administrative support as required. Examples include brochure development and updates; info package development and updates; website updates and maintenance; sight signage; lease abstracts; etc.;
- Manage and adhere to time sensitive deadlines;
- Generating and distributing reports as requested;
- Ensure confidentiality and privacy of information at all times;
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- 3+ years experience as an administrative professional; preferably within a retail or commercial leasing environment;
- Hold a diploma in business administration, real estate, legal assistant, or other related discipline is considered an asset;
- Knowledge of contract law, insurance law, and property management an asset;
- Knowledge of contract formats an asset;
- Understand and interpret leases and terminology;
- Proficient knowledge and use of Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Outlook, Word, etc.);
- A professional demeanor with strong communication skills (verbal and written);
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy;
- Strong organizational skills, with focus on accuracy.
Traditional core office hours are Monday to Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Work may require occasional weekends and/or evenings. Periodic travel may be required.