Position Title: Marketing & Events Coordinator
Supervisor: Executive Director
Service Category: General Staff
The Kamloops Central Business Improvement Association is a non-profit organization responsible for supporting the diverse businesses, services, and developers located in our remarkable Downtown area. The ideal candidate will collaborate with other team members to showcase the Downtown community as a desired place to conduct business.
POSITION SUMMARY AND DESCRIPTION:
- Coordinate and lead the collective efforts of the Kamloops Central Business Improvement Association regarding the planning, promotion, and implementation of all Downtown Kamloops events, programs, marketing and promotion strategies.
- Initiate and develop creative marketing strategies to promote Downtown Kamloops, businesses, services, events, and programs. Develop, enhance, and sustain internal and external relationships in support of KCBIA initiatives.
- Collaborate with the team of the Kamloops Central Business Improvement Association in the planning, implementation and promotion of Downtown Kamloops marketing, events & programs that it initiates throughout the year.
- Preparation of written communication including reports, media releases, and social media updates. Prepare social media communications aligned with the KCBIA strategic plan, tactical plan, vision and goals. Collaborate and work within a team environment.
- Completion of other duties as assigned by the Executive Director. Such duties could include various office and administrative tasks.
MARKETING & PROMOTION
- Develop and create annual marketing plans
- Actively promote Downtown Kamloops; including businesses, services, events and programs
- Coordinate the successful execution of the plans
- Produce or provide all pertinent information regarding the production of posters, online marketing, brochures,
- pamphlets, notices, and reports that are required by the KCBIA
EVENTS AND PROGRAMS
- Develop and create annual event and program plan
- Create, update, and maintain current and relevant events schedules
- Create, update and maintain an events manual including tasks and responsibilities for everyone involved pre-event, during the event, and post-event
- Administrative support for marketing, events, projects and programs.
- Develop and introduce creative initiatives to showcase and enhance Downtown business
. * Develop organized work plans for each event and program, complete with contacts, budget, and adherence to timelines
- Submit regular progress reports as required
- Identify and secure sponsorship opportunities
- Set up meetings, engage members and stakeholders, and respond to suggestions, feedback and requests.
- Develop and distribute surveys to document and accurately assess feedback
- Work with KCBIA team regarding public relations activities including press releases, stories, columns, social media posts and event specific PR.
- Research potential sources for grants and sponsorship's
- Related administration including funding proposals and reports
- Developing and maintaining event and program sponsorship. Communicate benefits to supporters.
- Develop and enhance partnerships throughout the community
- Developing and presenting event and program budgets
- Diligent management of approved budgets - Negotiate event and program costs, fees, expenses, and revenue opportunities prior to making commitments on behalf of the KCBIA
BRAND MANAGEMENT- INTEGRATED MARKETING COMMUNICATION
- Ensure the Downtown Kamloops brand is maintained according to the brand strategy.
- Work with the KCBIA team to plan and execute events, programs and activities
- Research and introduce place management initiatives
- Design and ensure excellent customer experiences
WEBSITE & SOCIAL MEDIA
- Maintain website and create and introduce new web pages and forms
- Ensure a sophisticated social media and online presence for Downtown Kamloops
- Accurately measure and report the reach and impact of social media communications
- One-year experience in similar position and/or responsibilities
- Educational background in marketing or events.
- Demonstrated skill in Microsoft office & design/graphic programs
- Proficient in online social media communications
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Mature, reliable, energetic and highly motivated
- Ability to work in a rapid paced environment
- Willing to work in an environment requiring flexible work hours and days
- Effective planner, extremely organized, and maintains attention to detail. Ability to organize the disorganized.
- Demonstrated research and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to contribute within team environment
- Superior interpersonal skills and an ability to deal effectively, one on one or in groups with team members, partners and the public.
- Proficiency in verbal and written English communication skills
Job Type: Full-time
- related: 1 year (Preferred)