Business Development Manager (SALES)
LOCATION: EDMONTON, Alberta
Securitas, a global leader in the security industry, has been providing security services since 1899. With over 7,500 employees in 24 offices across Canada and 320,000 employees globally, we possess the experience and knowledge to offer a broad range of services including: Leading Technology Solutions, Remote Guarding, On-site and Mobile Guarding, and Investigations.
We are seeking a Business Development Manager to help us grow. Competitive compensation - includes salary, commission, paid expenses & benefits plan.
Our Business Development Team is at the heart of Securitas Canada, supporting many critical functions, including new business opportunities. The Business Development Manager will promote Securitas’ guarding and technology solutions to a wide range of businesses, both large and small. The ideal candidate should be forward-thinking, and be able to thrive in ambiguity and a fast paced environment. They should enjoy prospecting for both new and existing clients. Sales experience is welcome from a variety of industries, preferably from security or a related industry where customer service is central to what you do.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply.
The posting will remain open until filled.
Reporting directly to the Vice President, Sales, the Business Development Manager is responsible for working with prospective clients from a wide range of markets in order to identify and satisfy their security program needs. The incumbent of this position must be a motivated self-starter who is customer-obsessed and results-oriented, possessing the skills and flexibility necessary to build solid relationships with customers and operational counterparts.
- Sell new security guarding services on behalf of Securitas Canada
- Conduct ongoing prospecting to identify potential organizations that require security solutions
- Work with Company operations management to make recommendations as to security coverage, systems and procedures to satisfy prospect requirements
- Cost and price security solutions, developing and responding to Requests for Proposals (RFPs)
- Ensure that all sales generated meet Client needs as well as Company standards as to profitability and contribution to the professional image of the Company
- Establish and maintain an effective liaison with all prospective customers through regularly scheduled calls and communications
- Maintain an up-to-date database capturing market information
- Other duties as assigned
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO SUCCEED:
- College or University degree
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in sales, preferably within the Security industry or business to business services sales.
Skills & Competencies:
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures
- Successful track record in growing sales and profitability
- Superior communication (both oral and written) skills
- Must be able to organize and prioritize in order to support an effective/efficient operation and the accomplishment of stated goals
- Proficient various software applications including MS Word, Excel, Email, PowerPoint and Salesforce.com.
- Presentation and group facilitation skills, including adaptation to various audiences such as first-line employees, management and customers
- Ability to analyze personnel and financial data and develop recommendations and solutions
- Ability to think strategically and develop innovative solutions
- Maintaining composure in dealing with authorities, senior executives, clients, and staff, occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, and behavioural selection survey
- Required ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently
- Handling and being exposed to sensitive and confidential information
- Regular use of vehicle required in the performance of duties
- Regular to frequent travel to various company offices and other locations
Securitas Canada celebrates diversity and we welcome and encourage applications from the four designated groups; namely women, aboriginal people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
Job Type: Full-time
- developing and responding to Requests to Proposals: 2 years (Preferred)
- sales: 2 years (Preferred)