Ivanhoé Cambridge Inc.
Guest Services Supervisor
Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies that are shaping the urban fabric in dynamic cities around the world. It does so responsibly, with a long-term view to generate optimal, risk-adjusted returns. Ivanhoé Cambridge is committed to creating living spaces that foster the well-being of people and communities, while reducing its environmental footprint.
Vertically integrated in Canada, Ivanhoé Cambridge invests internationally alongside strategic partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their markets. Through subsidiaries and partnerships, the Company holds interests in more than 1,000 buildings, primarily in the residential, office, retail, industrial and logistics sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held more than C$60 billion in assets as at December 31, 2017, and is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers.
For more information:
The Guest Services Supervisor is a leader who sets the tone for the Outlet Collection Winnipeg’s customer service interactions. The successful candidate will inspire the Guest Services team to achieve Ivanhoe Cambridge's mission of "continually striving to surprise and engage the consumer and retailer by consistently delivering a superior customer experience.” As an integral part of the management team, the Guest Services Supervisor will liaise closely with the Marketing and Tourism Manager as well as the rest of the management team and will be tasked with the challenge of bringing the Outlet Collection Winnipeg’s brand to life for all Outlet Collection Winnipeg’s customers, including shoppers, service providers, and the community.
Strategic Planning & Management:
Hiring, Training & Supervising Staff:
- Develop strategic plans and tactics for improving customer service offerings for shoppers, retailers, employees and contractors;
- Manage the Guest Services budget and provide input during budget preparations (both operations and marketing);
- Provide rationale for allotted Guest Services staff hours;
- Be responsible for the tracking, analyzing and reporting of all customer service program and marketing results as related to Guest Services;
- Oversee and manage the entire customer experience;
- Develop and maintain all Guest Services operating procedures and manuals;
- Provide insight into customer needs, methods for differentiating the Outlet Collection Winnipeg from the competition, and tactics for "surprising and delighting" the customer;
- Actively promote and champion the Outlet Collection Winnipeg’s customer service culture in relation to the Outlet Collection Winnipeg’s brand;
- Complete event analysis/reports for major programs and events as requested in coordination with the Marketing Department;
- Be aware of the centre's Crisis Management Manual and maintain a clear understanding of Guest Services’ role and area of responsibility as outlined in the plan.
Marketing Events and Programs:
- Hire, train, and schedule Guest Services staff;
- Ensure Guest Services staff is trained to be an effective representative of the Outlet Collection Winnipeg’s brand;
- Develop schedules and prepare time sheets;
- Supervise, mentor, empower, and motivate the Guest Services team;
- Meet team members regularly to provide feedback on performance and manage performance issues;
- Maintain bi-weekly meetings with the Marketing & Tourism Manager and General Manager on staffing and performance issues;
- In consultation with the Marketing & Tourism Manager, establish staff appearance guidelines, including the ordering of uniforms for new and current staff and ensure guidelines are met;
- Implement non-monetary recognition for Guest Services staff;
- Ensure budget of staffing hours is maintained.
- Communicate necessary information and direction to security, maintenance staff, and/or Guest Services staff with regard to event requirements and marketing correspondence;
- Collect/sort information for promotional tracking purposes as related to certain events and programs;
- Work closely with the Marketing & Tourism Manager to maintain a comprehensive understanding of all promotional activity in the centre for communication to all Guest Services staff;
- Assist the Marketing & Tourism Manager with promotional events in the areas of ballot distribution/collection/sorting, GWPs, special event ticket sales, etc.;
- Assist Marketing & Tourism Manager with special projects and initiatives;
- Actively contribute to the development and execution of marketing activities with a strong emphasis on special event execution and planning;
- Assist Marketing & Tourism Manager with coordination and set up of all events / programs and signage programs;
- Organize group tour incentives and facilitate tour group meet and greets. Train Guest Service Representatives on facilitating a meet and greet;
- Coordinate tour groups including communicate with group leader and schedule Guest Service Representatives to facilitate meet and greet;
- Update monthly statistics and tourism reports.
- Coordinate community events as requested by the Marketing & Tourism Manager;
- Attend community events as requested by the Marketing & Tourism Manager;
- Provide input into the development of the community relations/giving plan;
- Maintain community bulletin board postings.
- Establish and maintain a strong rapport with retailers;
- Correspond with retailers on regular basis (face to face as much as possible) in coordination with the General Manager;
- Offer "on call" service to retailers with gift card issues;
- Participate in monthly Retailer Advisory meetings, take notes and distribute agendas, etc.;
- Coordinate retailer Treat Day when required;
- Answer, redirect and/or follow-up on inquiries related to marketing, operations, security, or Guest Services;
- Oversee the proofing and posting of jobs as requested – on the job board, on the web site, and the ViCCi directory;
- Annually coordinate the updates for the Outlet Collection Winnipeg’s retailer handbook, including print and distribution;
- Coordinate new programs as requested by Marketing & Tourism Manager.
BEST Training & CHAT Meetings:
- Oversee the maintenance of gift card inventory, coordination of orders, and monthly inventory requests from Store Financial;
- Drive gift card sales. Understand sales performance/key trends and communicate pertinent information to management and Guest Services staff;
- Submit monthly Gift Card sales reports to Administrators, Marketing & Tourism Manager and General Manager;
- Distribute materials to retailers as necessary;
- Train and set up new retailers and resolve any gift card inquiries/issues;
- Maintain corporate contact list and send thank you cards for purchases over $500;
- Coordinate corporate bonus gift card program.
Daily & Monthly Miscellaneous Administrative Duties:
- Be BEST trainer for Outlet Collection Winnipeg;
- Provide training for all Guest Services, administration, maintenance, housekeeping, and security staff;
- Schedule training sessions for the calendar year, and ensure participation in training.
- Complete monthly lost and found tracking and rotation;
- Submit monthly reports for sales and tracking of events;
- Input daily tracking sheet information into Juice;
- Complete monthly JUICE reporting (executive summary and marketing reports) tracking gift card sales, not-for-profit results, and customer service initiatives; HOW TO APPLY: Please apply online at: https://rita.illicohodes.com/go/5b1ebb19cf31762cfa3fb264/55143c3c12497d1af0bf0829/en