At Kinaxis, who we are is grounded in our common belief that people matter. Each one of us plays an important part in accomplishing our work, building our culture and making a global impact.
Every day, we're empowered to work together to help our customers make fast, confident planning decisions. This is how we create a better planet – for each other, for our customers and for generations to come. Our cloud-based platform RapidResponse ensures that the products we need – everything from medicine and cars, to day-to-day items like toothpaste – make it to market and into our hands when we need them with minimal ecological footprint.
We make the world better, and you can too.
Job location: Our office is in (Ottawa) AND (Toronto), but, you can be Anywhere in Canada (REMOTE)
We are a specialized software engineering team focusing on Big Data and AI on Cloud within Kinaxis. We work closely with our fellow Data Engineers and Data Scientists to build next cutting-edge innovative and industrial-strength Big Data and AI solutions for the global supply chains and transform them into scalable, secure and maintainable systems.
What You Will Do
- Design and evolve the architecture of our AI platform with your own innovative vision and experience with the team aligning with Kinaxis product vision and reflecting on customer feedback.
- Participate agile rituals such as pair programming, backlog refinements and retrospectives.
- Collaborate with QA members in the team for preparing test cases, plans and procedures
- Investigate and troubleshoot defects in a timely fashion
- Identify engineering gaps and challenges and lead engineering initiatives
- Effectively communicate technical and product knowledge to stakeholders at various levels such as engineers, product managers, engineer managers, architects and upper management
What We Are Looking For
- Strong software engineering knowledge and experience (e.TDD, refactoring, design patterns, CI/CD, etc)
- Experience in maintaining large scale application
- Knowledge of Docker/Kubernetes
- Cloud (Azure, GCP or AWS) Experience
- Experience leading software engineering and system design
- Passionfor software engineering, big data and DevOps/DataOps/MLOps
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and interpersonal skills
Things That Would Help
- Strong OOP(Object-oriented Programming) and FP(Functional Programming)
- SDLC/Agile experience and knowledge
- Experience in web application development REST, Reactive, Vue.js, etc
- Big data processing with Apache Spark
- ETL and data warehouse experience
- Web Apps, API, Data and Cloud Security
- Big data/data lake experience
- Challenging Work - We love solving highly complex problems. And as the global leaders in our industry, we never stop innovating—our work is never "done. That's because across our teams and in all roles, every employee is empowered to bring their best ideas forward and to jump in and solve the problems they're passionate about.
- Great People - We take our work seriously, but we don't take ourselves too seriously! It's in our DNA to celebrate, laugh, and have fun. We are stronger, together, when we are open, honest, and above all, real. Every person is valued here and plays an important role in our shared success.
- Global Impact - As a global team spanning continents, boundaries, and cultures, every day we are inspired by the impact our work has on our colleagues, our customers, our communities, and the world at large.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion - Diversity, equity and inclusion are more than words to us. They are the guiding principles for building a culture where we celebrate each others' differences, continuously strive for equality and recognize that inclusion makes us stronger as individuals, a company and a global citizen.
For more information, visit the Kinaxis web site at www.kinaxis.com or the company's blog at http://blog.kinaxis.com/.
Kinaxis strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply to our welcoming community. We strive to make our website and application process accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com. This contact information is for accessibility requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.