Our client, a leader in the transportation, distribution and generation of energy is looking to hire a Learning Advisor in North York, ON.
Position Title: Learning Advisor, Instructional Design
Reports to: Lead Unify (ERP) Training & Performance Support
This is a 1 Year contract
Candidate must have knowledge of Maximo and/or Oracle systems (ERP), in addition to the core training competencies described in the job description below.
- Conducts training needs analysis with stakeholders
- Designs learning objectives for training courses/learning activities, develops content to meet learning objectives, and identifies appropriate delivery mechanisms. The position develops trainer and participant materials, including interactive e-learning modules.
- Collaborates with subject matter experts, project leads, change specialists, to design, develop, implement, evaluate and revise curriculum and learning resources that are aligned with program goals, and are aimed at delivering knowledge of the new processes and systems to end users.
- Responsible for implementing end-to-end training activities supporting Functions in the Unify (ERP) program (Finance, Asset & Work Management, Supply Chain, Technology and Data Functions) including planning, instructional design, development, delivery, measurement and coordination across teams.
- Collaborate with Functional Change Specialists, and Business Unit Change Consultants to conduct the training needs analysis and define training needs in stakeholder groups
- Work to understand and leverage existing training structures, establishes a strong partnership with existing learning teams (ideal if a member of existing learning teams).
- Work with OCM counterparts and Project Functional Technical team to design curriculum for cross-functional training and Function specific training.
- Support training development within the Function and work with Training Team and Logistics Coordinator to support training delivery.
- Support ongoing project team training / capability development.
- Conduct train-the-trainer sessions with business unit trainers and define training needs to support in post-go-live
- Conduct knowledge transfer and transition activities in Functions and the company's learning organization to support sustainment approach.
Must Have Qualifications:
- *** Candidate must have knowledge and/or experience with designing and developing Maximo systems (ERP) training ***
- A minimum of five years’ experience in training needs analysis, designing, developing and evaluating curriculum, learning activities and resources for WBT/CBT, instructor-led classroom training and on-the-job practice activities
- A minimum of two years’ experience in delivering training, both in a classroom setting and virtually
- Post-secondary degree or Diploma in Adult Education, Instructional Design, Information and Learning Technologies or related field or equivalent experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of current adult learning theories, principles, program design strategies, technologies, trends and best practices applicable to both online and instructor-led learning programs
- Familiarity with various learning delivery models including online, blended, and classroom; knowledge of the theories and practices of e-learning and the implementation of synchronous learning environments
- Experience with Learning Management Systems; familiarity with virtual classroom and with multimedia and web design technologies
- Ability to analyze training needs, design learning objectives, determine ideal delivery method
- Designing and writing course materials, activities and exercises, assessments, job aides
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills to communicate with a broad range of audiences one-on-one and in a group setting, make presentations and write clear, concise learning materials geared for the target audience
- Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with Training Leads, OCM counterparts, Functional Change Management Specialists, Business Unit Change Consultants, Training Logistics Coordinator and other Learning Advisors
- Demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Proven ability of working under pressure in an unstructured environment.
- CTDP or CTP designation, or working towards completion of same
Nice to Have Qualifications:
- Knowledge of Oracle systems (ERP)
- Knowledge of function business processes, issues and challenges, in either Finance, Supply Chain, Asset & Work Management or Technology and Data
- Knows function leaders and stakeholders, and is able to establish strong relationships
- Experience in assessment and measurement of training needs specific to changes in business processes and systems
Kelly Services believes in relationships, not transactions. That’s why we’re committed to successfully matching job seekers with the best employers across Canada and around the world. We fill positions from entry level to management, on a temporary or permanent basis. Whether your specialty is science, IT, finance, engineering, marketing, manufacturing, contact centre or business administration, we’ll work with you to understand your likes, dislikes, goals and ambitions, and present you with opportunities that meet your needs. See what we have to offer. Looking for more? Sign up for our Career Tips Newsletter to receive helpful tips and tricks monthly, connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn & Twitter, or visit kellyservices.ca.
Kelly Services (Canada) Ltd., is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance
Job Type: Full-time
- Design and write materials: 5 years (Preferred)
- Training in class and virtual: 3 years (Required)
- Design, develop, evaluate learning activities: 5 years (Required)
- LMS: 5 years (Preferred)
- Maximo: 3 years (Preferred)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Required)
- CTDP or CTP designation (Preferred)