We are looking for a team-player that is interested in a part time position as an Office Clerk/Receptionist. This position is responsible for top-rate customer service to customers and clients along with various administrative tasks. Reporting to the Director of Media, this position resides at our Georgetown location.
- General office administration duties including mail pick up, meeting preparation, ordering office supplies, liaise with cleaning company, contractors, or repairman.
- Support sales team with accounting inquiries, refunds, payments, reprinting of invoices, amendments to client information, and work with accounting as needed for payment discrepancies.
- Provide excellent customer service while answering and directing all incoming phone calls.
- Special Event organization including invitations, organizing attendees, and greeting/directing day of.
- Prepare all cash receipts- collect payment, copy all cheques, close off POS Machine, fill out report for each, forward to Head Office, and deposit at the bank.
- Handle customer walk-in inquiries and payments.
- Manage cash and re-imbursement including: account for all money spent, assign the cost centre for all expenses, fill out a balanced report, copy all receipts and forward to accounts payable.
- Manage Reader’s Choice database.
- Advise distribution of newspaper start and stop requests.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 1-3 years of experience in Office Administration.
- Accounting or equivalent Educational Background is an asset.
- Ability to work within a team environment.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal as well as a competent listener.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Effective organizational skills, ability to manage time and prioritize tasks appropriately.
- Customer focused, with strong interpersonal skills.
OUR AODA COMMITMENT
Metroland is committed to accessibility in employment and to ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with AODA, Metroland will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the hiring manager upon scheduling your interview.
Job Type: Part-time
- Receptionist: 1 year (Preferred)