Arletta Environmental Consulting Corp. is seeking an intermediate environmental scientist. The candidate’s duties will focus on supporting senior staff in the execution of various tasks related to the environmental management of our oil & gas clients, with a focus on technical report preparation. However, the position will allow for experience and growth to be developed in a variety of areas in the environmental consulting industry. The available position is career-oriented and offers mentoring by an experienced professional. This role is suited to motivated enthusiastic individuals who seek new challenges and experiences. This position will stay open until a suitable candidate is found.
The successful candidate will:
- Possess a degree from a recognized university with academic qualifications with eligibility for professional registration in Alberta. Preferred consideration will be given to applicants with a Bachelor or advanced degree in Sciences, Engineering, Environmental Science or other related fields of study.
- Be eligible for a professional designation from any organization listed in the AER requirements for “Professional Sign Off for Upstream Oil and Gas Reclamation Certificate Work”.
- Have 3+ years of experience in Remediation and/or Land Reclamation on both Private & Public Lands in Western Canada.
- Have working knowledge of the oil & gas regulatory & reclamation process as it pertains to environmental site assessment and remediation programs, and reclamation certificate applications.
- Be self-motivated and detail orientated, with excellent communication, documentation and technical report writing skills.
- Have sufficient experience and competency to plan and budget for remediation and/or reclamation projects as well as write, review and sign-off on technical reports relating to this work.
- Be willing to learn, participate and play a key role in other aspects of the environmental consulting field as required.
- Be willing to gain proficiency with computer modeling software.
- Be willing to work as a team in order to accomplish set goals.
- Conduct project management and field work related to monitoring, remediation and reclamation.
- Project manage remediation and/or reclamation programs for upstream oil & gas clients.
- Prepare technical reports (i.e. Phase I & Phase II reports, Remediation Progress Reports & Memo’s) and reclamation applications for submission to clients and regulating authorities.
- Review and sign off on technical reports, as competency allows.
- Stay current on environmental legislation and regulatory updates.
- Participate in assessing and ongoing improvement of company policies, procedures and field practices.
- Train and mentor junior staff.
- Ensure compliance with all safety regulations and SOPs
Arletta Environmental Consulting Corp. is a small, start-up environmental management firm that provides assessment solutions to oil & gas, commercial, industrial, public and private sector clientele throughout Western Canada. With broad industry knowledge and experience our leadership team has a history of successful client relationships in the consulting field. Arletta provides advanced insight and comprehensive understanding into each client’s unique situation.
Services offered by Arletta include: Environmental management services including program design, liability management, environmental audits, Phase I & Phase II Environmental Site Assessments, characterization and remediation of contaminated sites, groundwater monitoring, spill response, pre-disturbance assessments, decommissioning and reclamation of well sites and facilities, compliance monitoring, risk assessment, and training.
Arletta offers a competitive benefits package, allows for work hour flexibility, encourages continuing professional development and provides increasing responsibility, project diversity, and industry training. Salary for this position is competitive and commensurate with education and experience.
Job Type: Full-time
- Remediation: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)