Working together to be our best!
First National is Canada’s largest non-bank lender, originating and servicing both commercial and residential mortgages since 1988. Over the past thirty years, we have been committed to hiring the best and brightest with over 1,000 proud team members. Through cooperation, ongoing coaching, development opportunities and a culture that celebrates both hard work and teamwork, First National team members are supported to lead, learn and grow.
If you are ready to join First National’s dynamic team, while working hard and having fun doing it, we invite you to apply online and let us know how you can be part of our success story.
We are hiring a Representative, Residential Admin-Collections!
Manager, Residential Admin-Collections
Full Time Permanent
Hours of Work:
10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Downtown Toronto Great location! Steps away from the main public transit station
What we offer:
Highly competitive compensation package which includes, base salary, bonus, benefits, and career advancement opportunities!
- Eligibility for benefits is dependent on the terms of employment
Reporting to the Manager, the Collections Representative is responsible for ensuring all arrears are dealt with on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy.
The Requirements Needed:
- Investigation of delinquent accounts in assigned portfolio
- Collection/administration of portfolio
- Minimize exposure to monetary losses or damage to investors and corporate image
- Assist clients in budgeting and planning to correct existing and avoid future delinquency
- Assessment and collection of fees
- Review bankruptcy and consumer proposals and filing proof of claim when required
- Collection of common expenses, strata liens, tax and utility arrears
- Set up of arrears settlement payments
- Process new PAC information
- Provide credit ratings and mortgage verifications
- Collection of deficiency balances on discharged mortgages
- University degree, or equivalent combination of education and business experience
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Minimum two years’ collection experience, preferably in the mortgage industry
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Team player who also works well independently
- Able to meet deadlines
- Competency in MS Office; capacity to learn new technologies/systems
- Shift work will be required
Why join First National?
- Bright open concept office environment
- Large kitchens with a coffee and latte maker to enjoy at no cost
- Supportive teamwork focused environment
- Collaborative entrepreneurial spirit
- Opportunities to give back to the communities and work through events focused on a variety of charities
- Ongoing social events throughout the year
- Extensive training programs to set our employees up for success
First National is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender identity, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.
First National supports requests for accommodation from applicants with disabilities; please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.
We would like to thank all applications for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.