We're actively hiring an Operations Supervisor to join our team in Victoria.
As a Supervisor, you will be responsible for the management of the entire business operation, including recruiting, training, supervising, and coaching of associates. The full-time permanent Supervisor role offers full medical and dental benefits, three weeks paid vacation, pension and RPP matching.
Through our National Diabetes Trust operations, we divert more than 48 million kilograms of clothing and household items from landfills. One hundred per cent of net proceeds directly supports Diabetes Canada and helps send more than 2,400 children and youth with Type 1 diabetes to Diabetes Canada's D-Camps. Additionally, what we raise funds world-leading diabetes research, education and advocacy.
As an employee on the National Diabetes Trust team, you are part of our national coverage in 2,500 communities, with 28 operations and 100 trucks. Join a team that is making a difference raising money for life altering charitable programs, all while helping the environment.
About the Operations Supervisor Role
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Operations Supervisor assists in the successful management of the business operation of our door-to-door pickup and dropbox collection programs. This includes ensuring operational efficiencies and supporting various revenue generation methods.
Some highlights of the Operations Supervisor role include:
- Recruit, and train drivers as directed by the Operations Manager.
- Supervise, coach, motivate and performance manage drivers, in consultation with the Operations Manager and Human Resources Department, maintaining confidentiality at all times.
- Work with Operations Manager and Business Operations staff to implement the regional and operational plan to achieve local goals and assist in the development of area-marketing strategies for Business Operations.
- Assist the Operations Manager to ensure the promotion of the Business Operations through media, targeted marketing initiative and special events.
- Ensure required merchandise is delivered to all corporate partners as per the delivery schedule.
- Assist the Operations Manager to plan and implement innovative, effective methods to meet all contractual obligations.
- Maintain attendance records and coordinate staffing schedules as directed by the Operations Manager.
- Ensure payroll records are accurate and sent to the Payroll on a timely basis.
- Administrative/operational responsibilities may include but are not limited to: responding to and resolving customer concerns, preparing invoices, internal transfers, reconciling billing summaries, accurately tracking inventory levels, monitoring staff productivity, monitoring and updating schedules for work assignments, managing the database, accurate completion of all statistical reports.
- Coordinate drivers and trucks, including but not limited to: monitoring GPS, completing route audits, assisting with route and/or truck problems, advising drivers of special pickups and cancellations, coordinating fleet maintenance and acting as a liaison between the drivers, and corporate and other partners.
- Ensures effective transition between shifts and supervises daily workflow in a seven day per week operation.
- Responsible for following appropriate security measures when opening and/or closing the office.
- In a unionized environment, assist the Operations Manager to ensure that the Collective Agreement is being adhered to at all times.
- Manage the operation in the absence of the Operations Manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
The selected candidate for this Operations Supervisor role will meet the following minimum requirements:
- 1-2 years’ experience in a multi-disciplinary environment with a scheduling component.
- Valid full driver's licence.
- Ability to provide direction, motivation, training and support to staff members.
- Excellent organizational skills with great attention to detail.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Able to work in a busy, dynamic, multi-tasking environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and familiar with route optimization software.
- Available to work weekends; schedule varies 7am-7pm.
How to Apply
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada and, where applicable, must have a valid work permit or study permit that allows the candidate to fulfill the requirements of the role.
- We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, and value a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements please advise us during the recruitment process.
- We thank all interested applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Management: 1 year (Preferred)