Union: ONA Nursing
Location: KW Campus
Work Type: Temporary
Contract End Date: Oct 6, 2023
Shift: 11.25 hour shifts (2D/2N)
Provision of exemplary care that is patient focused, and based on current best evidence. Provision of education and support to families in a safe, efficient and responsive manner. Collaboration within the multidisciplinary team to support a safe, productive, and respectful working environment.
- Valid license with the College of Nurses Of Ontario
- Recent experience in Neonatal ICU (level II or III). New graduate RNs who have completed their final consolidation in NICU may be considered OR • Significant progress toward completion of the Neonatal Nursing Certification (college certificate), or CNA Neonatal Nursing Certification.
- Current NRP Provider status. Applicants not holding NRP provider status may be considered however certification must be obtained prior to unit orientation.
- Completion of an 18hr in-person breastfeeding course mandatory. Course will be required to be completed within 6 months of hire.
- Good attendance record
- Ability to adapt to changes in care based on best evidence
- Excellent neonatal assessment skills
- Demonstrated skill in: Care of the neonate requiring respiratory support - non-invasive and short term invasive ventilation; Care of infants requiring enteral and parenteral nutrition; Developmentally supportive care of the at risk neonate; Neonatal venipuncture and capillary blood sampling ; Care of central lines, intravenous medication administration and fluid management.
- Experience with computer based documentation
- Highly motivated & self-directed
- Respectful, collaborative manner in dealing with patient/families and colleagues
- High level of maturity and professionalism
- Compassionate and understanding
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Flexible and able to balance competing priorities
- Reflective practitioner
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our patients, staff and community from COVID-19, subject to any accommodation required by applicable human rights legislation, Grand River Hospital requires that all staff have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada.
APPLICATIONS WILL BE RECEIVED UNTIL THE POSTING IS CLOSED.
Please include a resume with your application in order to ensure that your qualifications are appropriately considered in the hiring process.
Grand River Hospital is committed to fair and equitable employment and in our recruitment and selection practices. We strongly believe in inclusion and diversity within our organization, and welcome all applicants including, but not limited to: racialized communities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ2S+ persons, Indigenous people, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of our Hospital community. We are committed to providing and fostering a respectful workplace for all employees, free from violence and harassment. Grand River Hospital is a proud member of the Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion (CCDI).
Upon individual request, the hospital will endeavour to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate candidates, including those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources in advance for assistance.