Reporting to the Vice President – Operations, this role has overall accountability for the FCR Eastern Canada portfolio currently comprising of 6+ million square feet of mixed-use buildings (retail, office, residential + parking facilities) located primarily in the Montreal and Ottawa markets. The incumbent will provide the leadership necessary to ensure the property site teams are implementing operational standards and initiatives, process & procedures and people structure in place to effectively support the delivery of “best in class” operations and strategic alignment to enhance portfolio values and the First Capital brand as the leading manager and operator of super urban properties.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:Required level of education and job-related experience:
- Direct and lead the Eastern Canada property management teams in the day-to-day operations of the FCR mixed-use portfolio (currently 6 million+ square feet);
- Lead a highly capable team who can effectively operate their properties in a manner that reflects the FCR brand as a leading operator of super urban properties;
- Ensure the development of strong Tenant relations and proactive service delivery including expedient resolution of Tenant issues, communications and be involved in Tenant meetings as necessary;
- Develop and maintain a strong working knowledge and understanding of project specific Shared Facilities and/or Reciprocal Agreements and administering shared facility budgets, reporting, liaising and overseeing FCR owner representative on Shared Facilities Committees;
- Ensure policies and procedures and FCR operating standards and the safety of assets through regular site inspections including environmental, implementation of relevant contracts, preventative and replacement programs, implementation of staffing or services and sustainability programs;
- Sets, monitors, supports and measure performance goals and objectives for the assigned team ensuring alignment and accountability with company goals and objectives;
- Preparation, monitoring and reporting of all expense schedules/budgets i.e. monthly rents, percentage rents, misc. income + parking facilities, annual operating budgets, promotion programs, to achieve portfolio NOI goal;
- Facilitate the expedient collection of accounts receivable with the National Director – Tenant Accounts and liaise with Property Managers, Leasing Directors and Senior Management in regard to rent collection and arrears;
- Ensure smooth and constant flow of information between departments i.e. Leasing, Construction, Legal, Lease Administration and Property Accounting;
- Member of FCR Operations Director Team to develop and establish national operating protocols, initiatives to optimize service delivery to our tenants and ensure consistent communication to all operations team members;
- Co-ordinate and implement takeover procedure for new properties;
- Member of Eastern Canada Senior Leadership Team as well as National Senior Leadership Team (SLT).
- More than ten years’ experience in property management in a mixed-use complex environment with a thorough knowledge of retail/commercial and residential shared environments and associated technical, financial, leasing and administrative functions;
- One of the following designations: Certified Facility Manager (CFM), Certified Property Manager (CPM), Facility Management Administrator (FMA), Real Property Administrator (RPA), Certified Shopping Center Manager (CSM), Accredited Shopping Center Manager (ASM);
- Working knowledge of condominium property bylaws, declarations, rules and regulations;
- A dynamic leader and strong supervisory skills and managing + motivating functional teams.
- Exceptional leadership qualities including ability to lead, motivate and coach staff
- Ability to work under limited supervision within tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong business, marketing and management sense;
- A track record of identifying and implementing innovative programs and leveraging technology to positively
impact operations performance and enhance customer experience;
Decision Making Capacity:
- Ability to understand a project specific building culture and work effectively with all stakeholders;
- Excellent time management skills and ability to manage conflicting priorities;
- Excellent communications skills, including effective presentation skills;
- Strong negotiation, analytical and problem-solving skills with use of facts and sound reasoning.
- Ability to make sound judgement decisions with limited information to ensure operational expediency, value for money, quality, timeliness and tenant satisfaction.
- Base decisions on sound judgment, common sense and by keeping the company and the owner’s best interests in mind.
- Decisions with respect to the organization and staffing, performance evaluations; setting, monitoring and measuring of performance goals and objectives for the team.
- Decisions affecting business objectives and goals ensuring FCR’s profitable growth and development.
- Evaluates and approves subcontractor quotes and/or proposals keeping the owner’s best interest in mind within the approval hierarchy.
Excellent compensation commensurate with experience and full benefit package. Successful applicants will be subject to a
Accessibility support and accommodations for disabilities, wherever appropriate, will be provided in the recruitment process