The Quality Manager, recognized as an authority across the organization and externally, impacts the strategic direction of the assigned project(s) by using expertise to supervise quality staff to ensure quality standards at the project site(s) are satisfied.
- Implements, coordinates and maintains FMI systems and procedures in accordance with project specifications.
- Oversees general administrative and record keeping functions to ensure project specific quality management information is readily available including the completion of required quality documentation.
- Oversees quality records are accurately completed with attention on the governing codes/standards and project specifications applicable for the related activity.
- Oversees the non-conformance process when materials, systems or products do not meet the required specifications.
- Oversees and ensures inspection and test plans are developed to meet project requirements.
- Prepares summary reports on business key performance indicators.
- Review project requirements and support/advise the project team on the applicable certifications, qualifications and other deliverables required from subcontractors and specialty inspectors (coating, welding, etc.) during subcontract development. Collect and file as appropriate during the execution of the work.
- Takes action to monitor and control costs related to own work and assigned projects.
- Participates in the development of FMI’s quality program.
- Review project documentation during tender phase to provide feedback on quality requirements, provide draft documentation as required, and recommend coverage requirements
- Comprehensive review of project specifications upon project awards to develop Quality Plan and required Inspection and Test Plans, along with support checklists and gathering of any subcontractor requirements in coordination with the Project Managers to the satisfaction of the client.
- Provide coaching/mentoring to Field Staff to promote a culture of quality including site visits, crew work method reviews, and confirmation of quality documents are being kept up to date
- Leads the knowledge development of the change management process by carrying out some trouble-shooting and debriefing with department processes to continually improve upon the products, service and support provided.
- Interfaces and communicates (written and oral) with management, client and contacts.
- Works directly with subcontractors and material suppliers to ensure submittals are complete.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Completion of post secondary education with a related diploma, degree or trade certificate.
- 8+ years related work experience or combination of relevant education and experience.
Required Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Has detailed knowledge of codes, standards, regulatory requirements, modern construction practices, techniques and equipment.
- Strong computer background, including experience with Microsoft Office.
- Strong communication skills, looks beyond the immediate problem to the wider implications and generates new solutions to complex problems.
- Creates formal networks internally and externally.
- May act as a facilitator and mentor, moves the team forward, conducts performance management meetings with applicable staff.
- Creates audit reports. Identifies findings. Generates corrective actions.
- Captures Lesson Learned from Audit findings and establishes a Best Practices strategy.
- Develops internal audit plans; conducts opening and closing meetings for internal audits, compiles information and develops audit reports for internal audits.
- Identifies key issues/patterns; develops and implements long term strategies to mitigate.
- Evaluates the adequacy of controls.
- Creates audit schedule.
Process/Data Analysis and Interpretation
- Interprets findings, formulates recommendations and presents.
- Evaluates metrics being collected for alignment with business objectives.
- Defines the detailed components for each metric.
- Anticipates client business issues and uses knowledge to focus developments in own discipline or project as applicable.
- Seeks innovative & new ways of collecting and processing data.
Inspection and Test Planning
- Reviews requirements, and writes inspection, testing and planning activities.
- Instructs ITP training sessions. Finalizes approval of plans related to inspection and testing with the Client.
- Responsible for the processes used in quality for monitoring.
- Reports on quality review findings, program amendments and recommendations.
- Oversees and ensures plans associated to inspection and testing are updated to support contract and specification changes.
- Develops and implements detailed inspection & testing activities.
- Manages own time and that of others; develops plans for work activities in own area over the medium/long-term; supports strategic planning activities.
- Applies knowledge/skills through handling complex problems may co-ordinate work which may extend beyond own area of expertise; shares expertise with colleagues and other departments.
Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and Risk Evaluation
- Review and interprets root cause for accuracy.
- Anticipates patterns and linkages; looks beyond the immediate problem to the wider implications; generates new solutions to complex problems.
- Shares Lessons Learned from RCA with different projects.
- Anticipates issues with adjacent works.
Drawing and Code Interpretation
- Applies knowledge/skills through handling complex problems, shares expertise with colleagues and other departments.
- Demonstrates depth/ breadth of knowledge/skills in own discipline when reviewing drawings and applicable regulatory specifications.
- Fluent in the hierarchy between the drawings, specifications and codes and makes related decisions.
- Sets clear expectations for integration of revisions to drawings, codes and/or specifications.
Process Mapping and Technical Writing
- Analyzes operational methods and recommends process improvements.
- Adapts writing to intended audience.
- Incorporates a depth/breadth of knowledge/skills when creating and presenting process mapping and technical writing assignments.
Technical Training / Presentation
- Explains complex technical requirements to a variety of audiences.
- Identifies strategic objectives to ensure knowledge of Quality requirements exist throughout the organization.
- Explains/presents complex ideas in understandable language; anticipates potential objections and prepares case accordingly; influences others.
- Leverages formal and informal networks to establish consensus, attain agreements on requirements.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $100,000.00-$120,000.00 per year
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- On-site Parking
- Vision Care
- Quality Assurance: 8 years (Required)