Mabel’s Labels is looking for an energetic and Human Resource Generalist to join our growing team! At Mabel’s Labels, our goal is to make parent’s lives easier and we use technology and compelling user experiences to achieve that goal. You would become a critical member of our family so we are looking for a talented Human Resource Generalist who has experience recruiting, onboarding, administering pension & benefits and payroll knowledge. If you have an interest in supporting employees and the organization, this is the role for you!
We have a fun office environment and we know life happens and can offer flexibility in work schedules when needed. We also offer comprehensive benefits, team events, regular team lunches and BBQs. If you want to be a part of a growing team that cares about what they do, please contact us.
WHAT YOU WOULD DO
· Coordinate recruitment, screening, interviewing, selection, and placement of qualified candidates.
· Coordinate preparation and placement of recruitment agencies and workers
· Conduct Onboarding for hourly and salaried employees, contractors
· Administer employee programs such as benefits & pension, service awards, time and attendance, performance management, employee development, wage administration, etc.
· Ensure compliance with any legal or regulatory changes pertaining to employment laws and administer online mandatory training for all employees (ie: AODA, WHMIS, etc)
· Administer STD, LTD and WSIB coordinate any necessary training & return to work.
· Check personnel-related documents for accuracy and completeness, maintaining files and records of a confidential nature (ie; Personnel, Health and WSIB)
· Administer company-wide human resources policies, procedures, and practices in accordance with stated objectives and provincial legal requirements. Recommend changes to policies and procedures to ensure alignment with business strategy and legislative changes.
· Provide employee guidance with the proper use & interpretation of HR policies, plans, & programs.
· Raise potential employee relations issues and make recommendations to the General Manager.
· Conduct investigations into claims of harassment or other company-guideline violations.
· Provide administrative back up to Payroll.
· Perform any other tasks, projects, and initiatives as assigned by the General Manager.
WHO YOU ARE:
· College Diploma in Business Administration, Human Resources or BA in either related field preferred or related work experience
· 3 - 5 years’ human resources experience preferably in recruiting.
· ADP Payroll process experience an asset.
· Knowledgeable on employment laws, HR procedures and practices, recruitment, benefits, pension & LOA’s
· Excellent relationship building skills.
· Skilled in communicating effectively with all levels of the organization
· Skilled in multitasking, organizing and prioritizing work and project management.
· Good strategic thinker
· Willingness to roll up your sleeve and assist other departments during peak periods
· Understanding of applicable computer systems, such as Microsoft Office, Outlook and function specific software
WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU
· Have experience processing payroll in ADP environment
· Are a creative and proactive problem solver
· Strong desire to contribute to the team’s effectiveness and an ability to have fun
Mabel's Labels Inc., a division of CCL Industries Inc., has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for individuals with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please indicate this during the application process so that arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodations. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time