Sunset Lodge is situated on the beautiful Gorge Waterway. Our park-like grounds and a lovely therapeutic garden with views of the waterway are enjoyed year-round by our residents. At Sunset Lodge our goal is to provide quality care to a community of residents where individuality, compassion, dignity, and respect are key ingredients to a safe, holistic, home-like care environment for each resident.
The Salvation Army Sunset Lodge -LTC facility is currently seeking a Maintenance Worker to join the Services Department for our 108-bed complex care facility.
The Maintenance Worker performs a variety of custodial duties and minor maintenance repairs necessary to keep the facility in a clean and orderly condition which contributes to the efficient daily operations.
The Maintenance Worker maintains and repairs electrical, plumbing, ventilation and other building systems within the facility and grounds. Responsible for evaluating problematic systems and
determining what installation or repair services are required and communicates with the appropriate service provider and/or supplier.
CHARACTERISTIC JOB DUTIES:
The Maintenance Worker is responsible for the following range of job duties characteristic, or typical of the job class:
- Carries out preventative maintenance program for the building, grounds and equipment, with documentation
- Completes minor repairs of equipment, plumbing, electrical fixtures, changing light bulbs, hanging pictures, painting and refinishing surfaces; notifies Facility Service Manager when a major repair requires the assistance of certified repair personnel i.e: electrician, plumber, etc.
- Checks all electrical appliances coming into the building for facility use and for residents personal use, ensuring they meet the requirements of the Canadian Safety Standards
- Orders and receives some building supplies and stores them in designated areas; re-stocks housekeeping and nursing storage areas with supplies
- Transports furniture within the facility
- Assists with deep cleans of empty resident rooms
- Paints and completes touch ups as needed keeping the building in good appearance; oversees lawn and minor grounds keeping with contractors
- Pressure washing of exterior entrances, walkways and other areas as required; washing lower exterior windows and contacts contractor for the rest of the building
- Snow removal and salting of entrances, walkways and parking areas
- Conducts monthly fire drills, orientates staff in fire procedures
- Keeps inventory of tools, light bulbs and all other facility required parts and components; works alongside FSM as liaison to contractors for building repairs, garbage, recycling removal, gardener and all other service providers
- Managing of surplus furniture and equipment as needed to keep storage space tidy
- Responds to complaints in a professional manner
- Maintains confidentiality of all resident and personnel information; keeps records and files such as invoices, on-going project documentation and contract/supplier contact information
- Manages Maintenance Portal and addresses all issues in a timely and safe manner, updates system as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL ATTAINED:
The successful job applicant will have completed High School
NOTE: An alternative level of education and experience may be acceptable.
SPECIAL LICENSES, DIPLOMAS, CERTIFICATIONS OR REQUIREMENTS:
The successful applicant will hold/have:
- First Aid Level 1
- HVAC, Structural, Plumbing, Electrical, Fire Suppression System, Fire Alarm - Knowledge
- Valid Class 5 drivers licence and vehicle
- Project Management - Knowledge
MINIMUM PRIOR RELATED EXPERIENCE:
The incumbent must have the following experience before hire:
- Minimum 5 years maintenance experience in similar type facility
- Previous experience in Healthcare environment preferred
Job Types: Part-time, Casual, Permanent
- maintenance: 5 years (Preferred)