We are looking for individuals with an appreciation and passion for the food and beverage industry to join at our team at Don Cherry's Sports Grill located in Chances. We are looking for energetic and dynamic individuals to join our company as a senior server, providing leadership to less-experienced staff and guidance to develop these individuals into Food and Beverage professionals.
This position offers flexible full-time hours.
Duties and Responsibilities :
- Be enthusiastic, outgoing, positive and upbeat.
- Welcome and greet all guests; be accommodating and willing to go the extra mile.
- Learn and maintain knowledge of food and beverage menus; explain daily specials.
- Maintain a clean service area; clearing tables and resetting them during shift.
- Have an ability to work as a service team. All staff on shift work cohesively together to produce the best guest experience.
- Bar tending when necessary
- Completing shift duties every shift ensuring to leave the restaurant in the best state possible for subsequent staff.
- Ensure all items are put through the POS system correctly, prepare final bill, present to guest, and accept payment.
- Complete daily cleaning duties.
- Maintain a meticulous eye for detail, completing tasks as they arrive to present the best face of the restaurant to the guests.
- Consistently offer a level of professionalism that can be followed by less-senior members of staff.
- Offer guidance and coaching to less-senior staff to help develop them into a higher quality of server.
- Other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum 2 years service in a serving role.
- Experience as a supervisor an asset.
- Friendly and outgoing; graceful and smiling under pressure
- Superior communication skills and professional demeanor
- Self-Motivated decision maker with proven organizational skills
- Ability to spend significant portion of shift on feet; standing and walking for extended periods of time.
- Able to lift up to 20lbs
- Working knowledge of the Squirrel POS system an asset
- Valid Serving It Right certificate
- Level 1 First Aid and Food Safe certification an asset
The successful candidate for this position will receive a competitive compensation package.
This position could be your stepping stone to a fulfilling career with a BC owned and operated company.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.00 to $15.00 /hour
- serving: 2 years (Required)